short cut key

theresaC
StarLounger

short cut key

Post by theresaC »

I'm going to be running a power point presentation for a large group of people. How do I hide the view of my laptop while I'm doing the backend work? All I can remember is "something" B for black or "something" W for a white screen.

Thanks

HansV
Administrator

Re: short cut key

Post by HansV »

Which version of PowerPoint will you be using?
Best wishes,
Hans

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

The method I use is to configure Windows to use the projector as an extended desktop, rather than as just a duplicate of the main screen. This way I can do whatever I like on my computer, and the only things the audience sees are those that I drag to the projector screen.

In Windows 7 you set this configuration up by typing Windows-P and selecting Extend
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
StuartR

theresaC
StarLounger

Post by theresaC »

I'm using Power Point 2000.

theresaC
StarLounger

Post by theresaC »

I didn't know that I could do that! I'll have to check into it later on. I'm a little stressed right now and was hoping for the quick key strokes to get me by but I WILL read through your tip when I have more time. Thank you for offering it as I wasn't aware that it was an option!!!

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

You may also find PPT2000: Keyboard Shortcuts in PowerPoint useful, in particular the section "Slide Show Controls".
Best wishes,
Hans