Spell check in the lounge (Was ConvertXtoDVD)

HansV
Administrator

Spell check in the lounge (Was ConvertXtoDVD)

Post by HansV »

The Lounge software itself doesn't have a spell checker, but Firefox comes with a spell checker built in.
Best wishes,
Hans

StuartR
Administrator

Re: ConvertXtoDVD

Post by StuartR »

Dave Davison wrote:...any prospect of this lounge having a spellchecker that highlights spelling errors...or is there already one that my eyes can't see???
This question should be asked in the Lounge matters forum. Please post it there and make sure you include information about which browser you are using.
StuartR

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Post by Dave Davison »

Thanks ....point taken...........don't think I need to repost it as Hans has ansered the question. I'm using Firefox but it only highlights errors if I am typing in a WORD doc, not when composing a post on the lounge!!!!! Cheers Dave.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

How clever of Firefox to highlight errors in Word!

For me, it does highlight errors in a post/reply:
x401.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

Dave Davison wrote:... I'm using Firefox but it only highlights errors if I am typing in a WORD doc, not when composing a post on the lounge!!!!!
You should check your Firefox OPTIONS, Dave. In the ADVANCED tab there is:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

StuartR
Administrator

Re: Spell check in the lounge (Was ConvertXtoDVD)

Post by StuartR »

I split these posts from the thread at Post 33746 in the Other Applications forum, as they were off topic for the original discussion.
StuartR

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Post by Dave Davison »

.......followed the tip you gave Al and yes the box which you identified with a green arrow is ticked but I don't get the same result as Hans when spelin a word rong as the screen shot shows. There must be some other setting that needs tweeking to get the said result :scratch: Thanks Dave.

TonyE
3StarLounger

Post by TonyE »

Dave Davison wrote:.......followed the tip you gave Al and yes the box which you identified with a green arrow is ticked but I don't get the same result as Hans when spelin a word rong as the screen shot shows. There must be some other setting that needs tweeking to get the said result :scratch: Thanks Dave.
You need to ensure that a dictionary is installed, not all versions of Firefox include a dictionary. To check if a dictionary is installed, right-click on a text area and select the Languages option, if a dictionary is installed it will be listed there (as per attachment). If you need to install a dictionary you can get them from https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... age-tools/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tony

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

Dave, I just went through ALL the Fx Options and don't see anything else. I wonder if there a glitch in the Lounge skins.

What skin are you using, and the reason I ask is that my post composition screen doesn't look like yours and the spell checking works. I use the "subsilver2" skin. How 'bout you?

Can you try a test by changing to my skin and then see if spell checking works, please? Keep in mind that an incorrectly spelled word will be "underlined" in a fashion and you then right-click to get spelling suggestions.

Time Out !!! Check Tony's astute suggestion first. I didn't know about that one! Sorry... Glad you came along, Tony!

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

Bigaldoc wrote:...What skin are you using...
Here is a screen shot from the ProSilver skin, with a British English dictionary installed.
StuartR

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

StuartR wrote:Here is a screen shot from the ProSilver skin, with a British English dictionary installed.
Thanks Stuart. I think Tony's post negated the question I raised about skin. Let's see what Dave says...

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

Bigaldoc wrote:
StuartR wrote:Here is a screen shot from the ProSilver skin, with a British English dictionary installed.
Thanks Stuart. I think Tony's post negated the question I raised about skin. Let's see what Dave says...
Works for me in Rainbow Pearl skin.
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Works for me in each of the five available skins. I don't see the Languages submenu from TonyE's screenshot though, probably because I have only one dictionary installed - the one Firefox came with when I first installed it (English / United Kingdom).
Best wishes,
Hans

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

HansV wrote:...I don't see the Languages submenu from TonyE's screenshot though, probably because I have only one dictionary installed - the one Firefox came with when I first installed it (English / United Kingdom).
That is strange. I also only have the English / UK dictionary installed as you can see in the screenshot above.
StuartR

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Oh wait, my mistake. I right-clicked in a single-line text box. When I right-click in a multi-line text box, I do get the Languages submenu.

Sorry for the confusion!
Best wishes,
Hans

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

Yeah, and even stranger yet, I had only the one dictionary installed, but "for fun" after Tony's post I installed both the UK and Aussie dictionaries, so this is what I see now.

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Post by Dave Davison »

Thanks Tony & all who chipped in with comments, ...Bingo.... I simply clicked the link you gave and downloaded the "English UK dictionary and az this tekst shows, speling mistaks are obviated. Great stuff, easy when you know how. Thank you Dave.

Claude
cheese lizard

Post by Claude »

Bigaldoc wrote:Yeah, and even stranger yet, I had only the one dictionary installed, but "for fun" after Tony's post I installed both the UK and Aussie dictionaries, so this is what I see now.
Don't tell me you are going to speak and spell Australian now :evilgrin:
Cheers, Claude.

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

Claude wrote:Don't tell me you are going to speak and spell Australian now :evilgrin:
I've been tryin' for about nine years, ever since I "met" blokes like you, Geoff, Alan and one or two more. Well, at least I look a little bit the part with my Akubra. Good on ya...