Replacing Wireless Network Adapter

Networking, connecting to the internet, wi-fi and home entertainment
hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Replacing Wireless Network Adapter

Post by hlewton »

I believe I need to replace my wireless adapter in a a laptop that is probably at least 10 or 12 years old. I am struggling to find an adapter to replace it. I have searched by model number, by adapter name listed in the device manager, and by a part number that Asus support gave me. My 2 searches before using Asus's part number came up with adapters but none said they were compatible with Asus computers. The par number Asus gave me leads me to a Optical Drive Interface Board. I have no idea if that is what I need but it doesn't sound like it would replace the Wifi Adapter. Could this actually be the part I need? Thanks.
Regards,
hlewton

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Re: Replacing Wireless Network Adapter

Post by hlewton »

Well I just talked to Asus because what the previous representative gave me was wrong and this one claimed they do not have access to part numbers to help anyone. They wanted me to send it in. That isn't going to happen. Any suggestions where I can go to try to find the part I need would be appreciated.
Regards,
hlewton

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Re: Replacing Wireless Network Adapter

Post by hlewton »

Not sure about this but I found a company that sells what I need but it is refurbished. Probably there is no new parts so I ordered it and hope it works.
Regards,
hlewton