Microsoft.Explorer.Notification

StuartR
Administrator

Microsoft.Explorer.Notification

Post by StuartR »

This message keeps appearing in my Windows 10 Action Centre. Any guesses on what it might mean?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
StuartR

Doc.AElstein
BronzeLounger

Re: Microsoft.Explorer.Notification

Post by Doc.AElstein »

Hi Stuart.
That sort of thing in the { } , I expect you will probably know a lot better than me, is a thing called a GUID

I have only used them myself as a way to reference libraries like when programmatically adding a reference to a Library in VBA

I did however notice, that in computer update lists produced by the “wmic” way ( http://www.eileenslounge.com/viewtopic. ... 82#p222044" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ) that I have been recently looking at, I sometimes get some of those things listed in the list along with the more typically expected KB Numbers.
wmicUpdateListWithGUIDinit.JPG : https://imgur.com/OhdPlSs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I don’t know if that might be an indication that sometimes a thing in a { } can sometimes be an update by a different name or an update in disguise.
Hence that notification might be telling you that some update has been dropped on you ?? Just a wild uneducated guess…

Alan
I am having difficulty logging in with this account just now.
You can find me at DocAElstein also

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

Alan,

Your response prompted me to search the registry for 4BC1DFDF-502E-412C-B157-F77FD8B43DE0. That was interesting as I found this on a DIFFERENT PC that does not have the problem, but no corresponding entry on the PC where I see the issue!

I suspect a software component is not correctly installed on the PC where I see this message. I shall check recent software installs and try re-installing things...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
StuartR

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

No real help here, Stuart but I did try searching my registry and came up short for that number.
After searching with Bing, Google and Yahoo there was some consistency in the searches where they all showed links to A Hubsan(?) 502e, which is the second number listed in your group?
Turns out Hubsan is a retailer for photo drones. Have you been investigating drones lately? :scratch:
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

There are many reports of this problem (with different GUIDs) in the Microsoft Community forums, but nobody (including Microsoft agents) has come up with a good explanation or remedy...
Best wishes,
Hans

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

I reinstalled the last couple of programs that I installed, and rebooted, and the issue seems to have gone away. It's strange that PC still doesn't have that GUID in the registry, but I do see it in the registry on my laptop.
StuartR

Doc.AElstein
BronzeLounger

Post by Doc.AElstein »

I assume that the way you look for registry things gives accurate results?? ( I have no idea , I have rarely had anything to do with registry things )
I can tell you that I recently found that looking for updates was very awkward. The different ways to list them give different results and often not all updates are shown in the different methods, and sometimes different updates are shown for the same computer with different methods. Also the date shown for the installation is very inconsistent and in some cases appears to have no obvious relation to the date at which the update actually appeared to have been installed. Occasionally the shown instillation date for a particular update has changed for no apparent reason when that particular update does not appear to have been added or removed.
( I am only talking about XP Vista and Windows 7. I have looked at about a dozen machines there. I have not got any Win 10 access )

My guess is that updates maybe get shuffled around a bit.

By the way, I thought maybe, or probably geussed in ignorance, that the "GUIDs" , "updates" , things "library" and god knows what else are all similar things of a "dll thingy" nature. Maybe when a computer tries to sort these things when it gets them it can get mixed up …. Maybe your missing GUID is hiding amongst some updates ? maybe you might find it there or somewhere else… if your unlucky….. _
_.....updates… ..- they’ll kill ya in the end ….. :-) :smile:
I am having difficulty logging in with this account just now.
You can find me at DocAElstein also