Slow connecting

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Slow connecting

Post by viking33 »

More and more frequently, when I move from Lounge threads or posts, I get the message "connecting" that can last for varying times and finally display the location I'm trying to move to. Doesn't happen all of the time but often enough to be annoying. This has happened over a few of he latest versions of Fx, so not sure if it Fx or something else that is causing this. :scratch:
Haven't noticed this at other sites, just the Lounge?
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Slow connecting

Post by HansV »

It's the Lounge server, not your connection or browser.

The effect is most noticeable on the hour, when digests are sent out. The Lounge is usually unresponsive for 30 to 60 seconds around that time. But sometimes it occurs at random times. I guess it is because the server hosts other sites too - if one or more of those attracts a lot of traffic, we get less bandwidth.
Best wishes,
Hans

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

HansV wrote:It's the Lounge server, not your connection or browser.

The effect is most noticeable on the hour, when digests are sent out. The Lounge is usually unresponsive for 30 to 60 seconds around that time. But sometimes it occurs at random times. I guess it is because the server hosts other sites too - if one or more of those attracts a lot of traffic, we get less bandwidth.
OK, at least I (we) know what is causing this and don't have to go off on a tangent trying to troubleshoot other areas and not finding anything.
Thanks, Hans.
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

HansV wrote:The effect is most noticeable on the hour, when digests are sent out... But sometimes it occurs at random times...
I'm not expecting anything to change as I understand why it happens but just to report that I'd not noticed this slow down effect until the last few days. Now though it has become obvious on the hour and noticeable at other random times.

Ken