what would you do?

User avatar
stuck
Panoramic Lounger
Posts: 7062
Joined: 25 Jan 2010, 09:09
Location: up North (but it's not that grim)

what would you do?

Post by stuck »

The scene:
You are an intelligent young man, in your final year of a Masters degree in engineering at one of the oldest universities in the country. You've just spent two terms on an a research project that has involved writing more C code than you can shake a stick at in order to program an autonomous flying blimp.

You are back home and have rolled out of bed at some late hour of the morning and are making yourself a pot of coffee.

The problem:
You have spilled the coffee in a fairly spectacular fashion.

What do you do to stem the tide of advancing liquid?
a) lean, or at most take half a step to your left and pick a cloth from the sink.
b) take two steps back to grab a towel from the towel rail.
c) take a step to your right and pick up the nearest thing to a cloth from the table, which would be either your own or your father's napkin.
d) similar to c) but you ignore the nearest napkins and instead you lean over to the far side of the table and grab your brother's napkin?

You have one guess.

Ken

User avatar
HansV
Administrator
Posts: 74397
Joined: 16 Jan 2010, 00:14
Status: Microsoft MVP
Location: Wageningen, The Netherlands

Re: what would you do?

Post by HansV »

Are we meant to think this out carefully? :grin:

From the descriptions, my guess would be
Spoiler
d)
Regards,
Hans

User avatar
Rudi
gamma jay
Posts: 25398
Joined: 17 Mar 2010, 17:33
Location: Cape Town

Re: what would you do?

Post by Rudi »

It would with out a doubt and most obviously be:
Spoiler
b
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

User avatar
Timelord
4StarLounger
Posts: 493
Joined: 23 Jul 2010, 18:36
Location: Harrisburg, PA

Re: what would you do?

Post by Timelord »

Now that is interesting. I came up with
Spoiler
c
Who will you Inspire today?

User avatar
StuartR
Administrator
Posts: 11913
Joined: 16 Jan 2010, 15:49
Location: London, Europe

Re: what would you do?

Post by StuartR »

Judging by the state of our towels, I can confidently state that b) is the preferred answer in my household
StuartR


User avatar
stuck
Panoramic Lounger
Posts: 7062
Joined: 25 Jan 2010, 09:09
Location: up North (but it's not that grim)

Re: what would you do?

Post by stuck »

And the winner is....

Hans!

Choose a prize, :chocciebar: or :wine:

User avatar
HansV
Administrator
Posts: 74397
Joined: 16 Jan 2010, 00:14
Status: Microsoft MVP
Location: Wageningen, The Netherlands

Re: what would you do?

Post by HansV »

Thank you! Since it's around noon here, I'll take the :chocciebar:

(What was Stuckling2's reaction? :grin:)
Regards,
Hans

User avatar
stuck
Panoramic Lounger
Posts: 7062
Joined: 25 Jan 2010, 09:09
Location: up North (but it's not that grim)

Re: what would you do?

Post by stuck »

HansV wrote:(What was Stuckling2's reaction? :grin:)
Not sure that stuckling2 was at the table when number 1 had his 'little accident' but he certainly told the tale of stuckling1's woe with great glee when I got home from work.

Ken

User avatar
Rudi
gamma jay
Posts: 25398
Joined: 17 Mar 2010, 17:33
Location: Cape Town

Re: what would you do?

Post by Rudi »

And as consolation, can I share the wine with Stuart and Timelord? :grin:
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

User avatar
StuartR
Administrator
Posts: 11913
Joined: 16 Jan 2010, 15:49
Location: London, Europe

Re: what would you do?

Post by StuartR »

Rudi wrote:And as consolation, can I share the wine with Stuart and Timelord? :grin:
You certainly can as far as I'm concerned!
StuartR