Thanks Rudi !!!

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Thanks Rudi !!!

Post by Bigaldoc »

I don't want to muck up the continuity of Rudi's Best FREE Software (Used and Rated by Loungers) thread.

So I write a separate "Thank You, Rudi" for his recommendation of the program called RENAMER. Here and in WS there have been a lot of file bulk renaming programs mentioned over time and I never had a need up until now.

I recently acquired 126 "barbershop tag" MP3 files and all had names like: After_Today-AllParts.mp3

I wanted to first remove the -AllParts and also change the underscores to a space. I was a bit intimidated when I first ran the Renamer, but as soon as I clicked the rules place, there were pre-written rules to do exactly what I wanted. It took only seconds and now I have 126 files such as: After Today.mp3

Thanks again, Rudi!

Rudi
gamma jay

Re: Thanks Rudi !!!

Post by Rudi »

Hi BigAlDoc,

I cannot tell you how nice it is to receive a post reply like this. Thank you for sharing your thanks. I will admit that I have used this program extensively and always enjoyed its simplicity and power. One has almost every conceivable way to rename a file based on all the rules.

PS: Since you are working with MP3's, I will share another VALUABLE tag editor in the above thread. This I also have used lots to synchronize the tags of my MP3's and even do simple renaming of the filename based on the tags. Its an impressive, yet simple program. This one is just for you! :grin:
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Re: Thanks Rudi !!!

Post by Bigaldoc »

Rudi wrote:Hi BigAlDoc,

... This one is just for you! :grin:
Thanks, Rudi. I'm sure it's a good one, but I already use Mp3tag - Tag Editor and they look like they do about the same things.