Toronto to have SEVEN area codes.

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Toronto to have SEVEN area codes.

Post by ChrisGreaves »

And you think you've got problems!

Toronto’s two new area codes approved

“There’s no hocus-pocus. There are no warm and fuzzy feelings. There is no favourite numbers, it’s just a plain old cold spreadsheet,” said CNA director Glenn Pilley in an interview earlier this week. “That’s the one that fell out of the spreadsheet.”

Why not use this idea to generate revenue?
He who plants a seed, plants life.

Bowlie
5StarLounger

Re: Toronto to have SEVEN area codes.

Post by Bowlie »

Already four numbers per person, and they want to add another 15 million for 2 1/2 million people. How many numbers do you have Chris?

Yes I know, it's for the future. But why isn't somebody working on one number per person for all devices?

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

Bowlie wrote: How many numbers do you have Chris?
Two.
A landline, and a cell phone which I rarely use. (I rarely carry the cell-phone, maybe twice a month for three hours at a time)
Yes I know, it's for the future. But why isn't somebody working on one number per person for all devices?
I agree.
Technology can already do it, right?
I didn't go into it in detail in the first of my "make revenue" posts, but by now we should be able to get fax machines and fax cards to talk to each other behind the scenes and hook up through the one phone number at a "best time".

As far as my simple cell-phone goes (no internet, no texting, I don't even know how to pick up voice-mails and don't want to know), I'd be delighted if it shared the same number as my landline, and magically took over from the landline wheneverthe cell phone was (1) powered on and (2) more than 50 feet from my landline base.

My landline is, in fact two mobile phones sets, 2 + 3 receivers scattered around the apartment, and obviously they talk to each other.

I still hope to be one of the first humans to have a phone-chip embedded in my skull, just behind my right ear.

I look forward to THINKING "Pick up the phone" and communicating at the speed of thought, without having to move my lips and tongue; or "Unplug; I'm going to sleep", and even "Sure, beam me your mental image of your childhood".

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

Bowlie wrote:But why isn't somebody working on one number per person for all devices?
Good thing somebody is researching this material :-

A Guide To Toronto's Area-codes

The 742
Coverage: Expected to come into effect when 365 numbers run out in 2024.
Archetype: Most users are presently in elementary school, but future 742ers will likely be the plebs who can’t afford teleportation or holographic messaging.

:sucksthumb:

Doc Watson
4StarLounger

Post by Doc Watson »

Bowlie wrote:Already four numbers per person, and they want to add another 15 million for 2 1/2 million people. How many numbers do you have Chris?

I believe the Chinese government does that Bowlie. It's call communism. :innocent:
If life gives you melons,
You may be dyslexic.

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

Doc Watson wrote:It's call communism. :innocent:
Ouch!

Bowlie
5StarLounger

Post by Bowlie »

Doc Watson wrote:
Bowlie wrote:Already four numbers per person, and they want to add another 15 million for 2 1/2 million people. How many numbers do you have Chris?

I believe the Chinese government does that Bowlie. It's call communism. :innocent:
I'm not opposed to communism per se, we just haven't seen a model that works as it should. Mind you we can say the same for capitalism and everything in between.

Why can't my cell-phone connect to my home wifi when I walk in the door, and connect to the cell network when I leave?

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

Bowlie wrote:Why can't my cell-phone connect to my home wifi when I walk in the door, and connect to the cell network when I leave?
Hey Bowlie!

That's MY line: :clapping:

I'd be delighted if it shared the same number as my landline, and magically took over from the landline whenever the cell phone was (1) powered on and (2) more than 50 feet from my landline base.

"Great minds think alike", but how come you and I share the same thoughts? :rofl: