Keyboard for Smart TV

BobH
UraniumLounger

Keyboard for Smart TV

Post by BobH »

A few months ago I bought a 55" Samsung LED Smart-TV. Until this past week, I had done nothing to explore the features of the device. I have managed to connect it to my wifi network and thence to the Internet, but the lack of a keyboard makes surfing on this screen too tedious to do. There is an on-screen keyboard that requires much cursor movement that is just too slow.

The TV has no BlueTooth capability, so I cannot connect any of the BT keyboards that we have for our iPads. I checked with Samsung and was told that I could connect an HID (human interface device) Compliant USB (universal serial bus) keyboard, but I want to use a wireless keyboard. There are many available. All require a USB receiver/transmitter to signal the keyboard from the screen. There are USB ports on the back of the TV. I have not yet tried to connect a keyboard, but I thought I might find someone here who has been down this path who might give me pointers.

:cheers: :chocciebar: :thankyou:
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

StuartR
Administrator

Re: Keyboard for Smart TV

Post by StuartR »

I have the same frustration with my Samsung Smart TV. The apps for iPlayer, Netflix etc. are worth having, but text entry from the arrow and click interface is frustrating. There used to be a US only remote with a keyboard on the reverse side but they discontinued it before I could get one.
StuartR