"Introducing Windows 8": An Overview for IT Professionals

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

"Introducing Windows 8": An Overview for IT Professionals

Post by John Gray »

"Introducing Windows 8": is a Microsoft Press 6.4 MB PDF containing the first 11 chapters of a forthcoming book. The full book will be available in the future, it seems.
John Gray

If you are having problems with solitude, you are not alone.

BobArch2
BronzeLounger

Re: "Introducing Windows 8": An Overview for IT Professional

Post by BobArch2 »

John Gray wrote:"Introducing Windows 8": is a Microsoft Press 6.4 MB PDF containing the first 11 chapters of a forthcoming book. The full book will be available in the future, it seems.
Thanks for the link John. I acquired W8 Pro when it was first released and just placed it in "inventory". It was sold for the introductory price of cdn$69 and I could not resist. With the release of W8.1 and W8.1 Update with some of its deadlines, I decided the time was ripe to bite the bullet and install. My W7 Ultimate system is on an Intel SSD drive so I decided to upgrade the system drive to a Samsung 840 EVO SSD drive to facilitate a clean fresh install. In preparation, I have read all the forum messages and think I am ready to grab-the-tiger-by-the tail and get on with the task. :flee:

I will report back in a few days when the new environment is up and running.

Thanks again...
Regards,
Bob

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

You may be interested in the updated book - Free ebook: Introducing Windows 8.1 for IT Professionals.

Joe
Joe

BobArch2
BronzeLounger

Post by BobArch2 »

JoeP wrote:You may be interested in the updated book - Free ebook: Introducing Windows 8.1 for IT Professionals.

Joe
Much appreciated Joe. Might have to delay the implementation for a few days while I read both eBooks to ensure I do not miss anything. :cheers:
Regards,
Bob

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

John Gray wrote:... The full book will be available in the future, it seems.
Thanks John and Joe.
I wonder if this would have changed my perception of Win8 if it had been available (to me) last July.
He who plants a seed, plants life.

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

The Windows 8 e-book has been available in final form since November 2012 as a free download.

Joe
Joe