HerdProtect

RonH
SilverLounger

HerdProtect

Post by RonH »

http://www.herdprotect.com/
Anyone have experience to share about this relatively new second line of defense malware scanning platform?

On my W7 pc I currently use the following various 'keep it clean' programmes:
Avast AV free version
Malwarebytes free for run on demand
Windows Defender
Spyware Blaster
CCLeaner
Maybe HerdProtect would be 'one to many'.

I have a lot of software programmes for still/video/sound project hobby work ... my passion :smile:
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

HansV
Administrator

Re: HerdProtect

Post by HansV »

I don't have any experience with this program - I hadn't he(a)rd of it until now. But according to the website, "The first version of herdProtect is a simple one-off scanner". This means it won't interfere with your regular antivirus program (Avast), so you can give it a try.
Best wishes,
Hans

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Addition: be alert for false positives, though. With 68 scanning programs, the chance that at least one of them will detect something incorrectly is considerable. So use the scan results wisely; don't panic if one or two of the 68 consider a file dangerous and the rest don't.

(I think I'll give this one a pass)
Best wishes,
Hans

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

Hei Hans

I agree with you :grin:
Its early days for this programme but maybe worth bringing to the attention of members. I guess that others will follow with similar ideas.
Earlie,r I dropped a note to them asking about their company ... If I get any 'About Us' company information I will post.
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Apparently, the company has been founded by one of the creators of Giant AntiSpyware, the program that was bought by Microsoft and formed the basis for Windows Defender and Microsoft Security Essentials. See http://www.linkedin.com/in/andrewjnewman" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Best wishes,
Hans

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

Thanks Hans ... he has a very detailed CV. When I looked at the site I guessed it was a 'work at home' business. A lot of it nowadays and so easy when you can reach so many via the web to promote product. I recall practices of door-knocking by my salespeople ... when one could afford to knock on doors :grin: So much easier and cheaper to 'knock the doors' with a 'click' :grin:

Seems you are a member of LinkedIn. I got 'involved' some time ago but it started to get to be a bit like a business Facebook, crowding my inbox. I now avoid these social sites to get some sleep :evilgrin:
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

No, I'm not on LinkedIn - I found the link through Google.
Best wishes,
Hans