Icon For Eileen's Lounge

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Icon For Eileen's Lounge

Post by hlewton »

I know Hans at one time gave me a link or some way to get the Eileen's Lounge icon but I cannot find it on my computer nor can I locate it here. Can someone again direct me to how I can get that icon?

Thanks.
Regards,
hlewton

Argus
GoldLounger

Re: Icon For Eileen's Lounge

Post by Argus »

Byelingual    When you speak two languages but start losing vocabulary in both of them.

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

I really appreciate that and I had thought I had asked this before. Your link takes me to a thread I started and I am very curious why in my searches I did not find it. I did search for the word Eileen's, for the word Icon, and even did "Eileens Lounge and Eileens Lounge Icon and got no results with every search. I see that in my searches I did not combine all the correct words but even using just the word "Icon" I would have thought it would have found it. In any case I really appreciate your help and I am putting this in an "Eileen Lounge" folder on my computers so I should always be able to find it in the future if the need aver arises again.

Again, thank you very much.
Regards,
hlewton

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

When I search for "lounge icon" (without the quotes), your earlier thread is listed on page 4 of the search results:
S1701.png
If I search for "Eileen's icon", your thread is on page 2. Same if I search for "Eileen's lounge icon".
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

If you are interested in how searches work, you can scan through this post and see if you can pick up tips or pointers to search more effectively...
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

Argus
GoldLounger

Post by Argus »

You're welcome. If one can enter more than one search term, not necessarily mentioned in the subject per se, but mentioned in a post, an article, (or meta data) one can take a shortcut, many times; such as the author. :smile:

(On the other hand, as more search terms are added, it can increase complexity, the likelihood that one's memory isn't working as good as one thought, spelling errors, with search results that are worse than with only one search term. :grin:)

So, let's say I search for
Keyword: lounge icon
Author: hle*

Then your previous thread is on page 1 in the search result.

Same for
Author: han* (HansV)

And if remember, which I did, that I participated in the thread
Author: arg*

Same result, page 1 in the search result (icon and arg* works as well).

"*" is me being lazy, arg* instead of typing argus etc. Wild cards usually increase the search results, no big risk in this case when used in the author's lounge name; they can also increase seek time, no problem here, and perhaps add some extra load on a server.

So, it is often better to find something characteristic and add that to the search terms, than trying to remember the exact phrase in the headline or subject. Easier said than done, many times.
Byelingual    When you speak two languages but start losing vocabulary in both of them.

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

HansV wrote:When I search for "lounge icon" (without the quotes), your earlier thread is listed on page 4 of the search results:
S1701.png
If I search for "Eileen's icon", your thread is on page 2. Same if I search for "Eileen's lounge icon".
Thanks Hans and I just tried that and it too worked for me this time. I have no idea why it didn't work before.
Regards,
hlewton

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

Rudi wrote:    
If you are interested in how searches work, you can scan through this post and see if you can pick up tips or pointers to search more effectively...
Thanks Rudi I will definitely check it out.
Regards,
hlewton

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

Argus wrote:You're welcome. If one can enter more than one search term, not necessarily mentioned in the subject per se, but mentioned in a post, an article, (or meta data) one can take a shortcut, many times; such as the author. :smile:

(On the other hand, as more search terms are added, it can increase complexity, the likelihood that one's memory isn't working as good as one thought, spelling errors, with search results that are worse than with only one search term. :grin:)

So, let's say I search for
Author: hle*

Then your previous thread is on page 1 in the search result.

Same for
Author: han* (HansV)

And if remember, which I did, that I participated in the thread
Author: arg*

Same result, page 1 in the search result (icon and arg* works as well).

"*" is me being lazy, arg* instead of typing argus etc. Wild cards usually increase the search results, no big risk in this case when used in the author's lounge name; they can also increase seek time, no problem here, and perhaps add some extra load on a server.

So, it is often better to find something characteristic and add that to the search terms, than trying to remember the exact phrase in the headline or subject. Easier said than done, many times.
Thank you for the advise. I just don't know what went wrong yesterday with my searching because no matter how I do it today I find those posts. Of course now I just searched for the words "lounge icon" but I thought I did that as well before. Anyway thanks again
Regards,
hlewton

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

Rudi wrote:    
OK I checked out that link and I added it to a spreadsheet I created that includes every post I started in this lounge which apparently is 235. So in the future if I think I have already asked a similar question I should be able to quickly find it in a search of that Excel spreadsheet. If not then I can use the link in that spreadsheet to where you just gave me in order to make my searches here work better. Thanks
Regards,
hlewton

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

You have made 1798 posts in Eileen's Lounge up to now...
S1702.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

HansV wrote:You have made 1798 posts in Eileen's Lounge up to now...
S1702.png
yes I know but I only included in my spreadsheet the threads I started. I hope that helps me in my future searches.
Regards,
hlewton

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

OK, that's reasonable.
Best wishes,
Hans