Windows Update Failure for January 2024

richlocus
2StarLounger

Windows Update Failure for January 2024

Post by richlocus »

Hello:

I ran the January's 2024 windows update on 7 of my computers. Two of my oldest computers failed on this update: KB5034441. I received error message 0x80070643. I see that thousands of Windows users are screaming in various forums about this, since in Microsoft's notes it says that it will fail or some computers.

I can not expand the reserved area, so I need to just get rid of the annoying message that pops-up every time I retried to do a Windows update for January 2024.

I just want to delete the message so it doesn't keep popping up since I can't fix the underlying issue because of the small size of my Reserved area. Some speculated that Microsoft might make adjustments for smaller reserved areas.

Could you provide me with a way to hide that annoying message? Can I change the patch to an inactive state so it doesn't always pop up when I retry to do a windows update?

Thanks,
Rich Locus
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Re: Windows Update Failure for January 2024

Post by stuck »

Read this similar topic and see if anything there helps you:
https://eileenslounge.com/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=40492

Ken

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

In addition: you can defer Microsoft updates for a few weeks. This won't affect security updates for Microsoft Defender.
Best wishes,
Hans

richlocus
2StarLounger

Post by richlocus »

Hans and Stuck:
Thanks for the response! I will dive in.
Rich Locus