Chrome bookmarks bar on android

RonH
SilverLounger

Chrome bookmarks bar on android

Post by RonH »

Somehow my lady has changed the style of her bookmarks bar icons from the traditional round to a larger square. This takes up more space on the mobile screen and hence there are less bookmarks visible at one time on the screen.

I have checked settings such as text, accessibility etc and all are defaults. How can I revert back to the standard icon and also revert back to a peaceful lifestyle ... an answer to the icons would be a good result :laugh:
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

RonH
SilverLounger

Re: Chrome bookmarks bar on android

Post by RonH »

An answer to this was given in a Chrome forum so I have added it below with thanks to the contributor.

In chrome://flags search for 'bookmarks'.
It pulls up a 'bookmarks refresh' option. Change it from default to enabled. It fixed the size issue

From readings, it seems to me that the larger style of 'square' Bookmarks is the latest format ... means a lot of extra scrolling so I hope that it will not be forced without the option of 'small' :sad:
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

redrichard
NewLounger

Re: Chrome bookmarks bar on android

Post by redrichard »

RonH wrote:
05 Mar 2022, 09:32
An answer to this was given in a Chrome forum so I have added it below with thanks to the contributor.

In chrome://flags search for 'bookmarks'.
It pulls up a 'bookmarks refresh' option. Change it from default to enabled. It fixed the size issue

From readings, it seems to me that the larger style of 'square' Bookmarks is the latest format ... means a lot of extra scrolling so I hope that it will not be forced without the option of 'small' :sad:
Thanks for sharing this info which is really helpful to me also. :cheers: