(laundry) detergent strips.

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

(laundry) detergent strips.

Post by ChrisGreaves »

TruEarth was brought to my attention today.
Anyone here used this or a similar product? TruEarth is a Canadian firm, but my guess is that the idea exists in other countries.

I scanned the web site and was skeptical about all the "Free Shipping*" tags all over the place, but only fine print that explained "*certain conditions apply; if applicable, shipping charges will be calculated at checkout".

My hesitance comes from buying what they claim is a year's supply in one go, but given that I do one laundry load each week, if I feel I have enough, I might need to include any residual supplies in my will.

FWIW I buy a 1/2 gallon jug of liquid detergent two or three times a year, and put as much as I think a load needs in each wash. None of this automatic "One cap full" for me.
I rinse out the empty jugs and use them as fruit-tree containers.

Thanks, Chris
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle

BobH
UraniumLounger

Re: (laundry) detergent strips.

Post by BobH »

What if the product is lousy at getting clothes clean? You'd be stuck with the cost and detergent you won't use.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

See Tru Earth Laundry Sheets Review 2023 | Eco-friendly, plastic-free laundry sheets

(Although I never encountered this product, it is available over here too)
Best wishes,
Hans

GeoffW
PlatinumLounger

Post by GeoffW »

My wife likes only one brand of powder, so I'm not I'm a position to try them out. It seems they're basically just like dried out liquid detergent.

Our local consumer test organisation doesn't even test them, as they say they perform worse than just plain water. But they do this without showing results of tests, so I don't know if those results reflect current products.

A non Australian consumer test organisation doesn't like them much.
https://www.consumerreports.org/applian ... 916087070/

Other people do like them however.

But one of the big selling points for people who like them is that they take the guesswork out of the amount required per wash.

Not all the brands are as expensive as the one Hans linked.

If you were really worried about the cost per wash, you'd be measuring the amount of detergent. Perhaps it's just the novelty which appeals?