My friend Bob Archell

Graeme
Cosmic Lounger

Re: My friend Bob Archell

Post by Graeme »

Amelia43 wrote:
01 Sep 2023, 06:30
Your positive approach and wry humour in less than happy circumstances are admirable, Bob.
I wish you a speedy and uncomplicated recovery, and the pleasure of indulging in "real" (i.e. not hospital version) food very soon.
Dianne

Seconded, on all counts.

Graeme

http://www.averywayobservatory.co.uk/

BobArch2
BronzeLounger

Post by BobArch2 »

Amelia43 wrote:
01 Sep 2023, 06:30
Your positive approach and wry humour in less than happy circumstances are admirable, Bob.
I wish you a speedy and uncomplicated recovery, and the pleasure of indulging in "real" (i.e. not hospital version) food very soon.
Dianne
Thanks for your kind thoughts and wishes Dianne!

The first real food on order is a double fudge chocolate sundae. I tried bribing staff to bring me one here. Alas, they said they could not find any, as they wiped chocolate dripping from their chin. :innocent:
Regards,
Bob

BobArch2
BronzeLounger

Post by BobArch2 »

Graeme wrote:
02 Sep 2023, 17:06

Seconded, on all counts.

Graeme
Thanks Graeme!

Albeit I was born in Montreal, I can thank my dearly departed Mom for giving me her Newfie genes and sense of humor.

She was a month shy of being 103 when she passed in 2021. Moi, at the age of 82 hope to equal or better her grand living.

In my files I have three congratulatory letters from Queen Elizabeth II celebrating Mom's 100th, 101st and 102nd birthdays.
Regards,
Bob

DocAElstein
5StarLounger

Post by DocAElstein »

Hello Bob
BobArch2 wrote:
03 Sep 2023, 13:00
She was a month shy of being 103 ..., at the age of 82 hope to equal or better her
I didn’t take the first offer of 100 years when offered to me by the Doctor …." you can live to a hundred with a ……", but I will try and take it second time around by refusing the same "needed" operation on the right shoulder. - I think it’s worth getting better, Bob, it seems like the age group 80+ is worth being in at the moment – you can be the president of America, launch a new Album as a member of the most famous Rock Group ever, and if Harrison Ford wasn’t being selfish keeping the thing to himself you could go for the leading role in the next Indiana Jones Film
_._____________
BobArch2 wrote:
31 Aug 2023, 15:05
... had me tested for COVID.....Came back positive for me
...I was fine before those two became my roommates..... They should have been tested back when.
Maybe they just wanted to make the stay worthwhile, … and make sure you don’t miss getting anything coming your way, while you are there…… :evilgrin:

Alan
I seriously don’t ever try to annoy. Maybe I am just the kid that missed being told about the King’s new magic suit, :(

BobArch2
BronzeLounger

Post by BobArch2 »

Summary of my Journey

Entered Lakeridge Health Ajax Pickering June 19th with a broken shoulder and released same day.

Entered Lakeridge Health Ajax Pickering 2East June 21st with damaged knee (totally immobile).

Getting physio using walker one handed only. Blah! Flippin' ridiculous.

Was slated for a transfer to a convalescent home (Extendicare Oshawa) for 30-90 days for rest and rehab when the orthopedic surgeon deemed I was ready to put pressure on my left arm so I could use the walker with both hands.

OS's review scheduled for September 12.

A covid outbreak hit my floor near end of August. I tested positive along with the entire floor (27 patients) and many staff. I was put on Paxlovid for 5 days. A few days after that I caught pneumonia. Got rid of that. Caught a UTI. That cleared up.

Meanwhile, any possible move to EO was cancelled.

September 12th a.m. arrived. OS deemed the arm was ready.

September 12th p.m. arrived. Physio staff said transfer to EO was off. Instead, they offered me the Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit at either Lakeridge Health Oshawa or Lakeridge Health Whitby if a room was available. I said yes.

September 19th p.m. I was transferred to the IRU - Lakeridge Health Oshawa.

Tomorrow, October 3rd I am going home (unless I mess up 😊)

End of update and Journey's end around the corner 😊

P.S.

The following hospitals have declared COVID outbreaks in the last week:

Extendicare Oshawa,
Lakeridge Health Ajax Pickering, both 2West and 2East where I was (now their 2nd outbreak)
Regards,
Bob

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Congratulations on going home, Bob!

Don't become discouraged if you experience a short relapse; that's a natural thing to happen after returning home from hospital.
Best wishes,
Hans

BobArch2
BronzeLounger

Post by BobArch2 »

HansV wrote:
02 Oct 2023, 13:26
Congratulations on going home, Bob!

Don't become discouraged if you experience a short relapse; that's a natural thing to happen after returning home from hospital.
Thanks Hans!

The one thing I will miss is the hospital food, but only the last two week's worth. I have lost so much weight they put me on a fantastic diet and allowed me to select each of the 3 daily meals by item. Sure beat the heck out of the previous 90 days worth of UGH. 😩
Regards,
Bob

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Did you ever get my postcard? I sent one at the end of August.
Best wishes,
Hans

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

BobArch2 wrote:
02 Oct 2023, 14:01
...hospital food... ..UGH. 😩
I deduce that means that Canadian hospital kitchens, like the kitchens in UK hospitals, have the ability to transform peas from their usual, appetising, green colour into a most unappealing range of colours that goes from yellow to grey :puke:

Ken

BobArch2
BronzeLounger

Post by BobArch2 »

HansV wrote:
02 Oct 2023, 14:09
Not as of this date 🥺
Regards,
Bob

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Perhaps you had just moved to a different room...
Best wishes,
Hans

BobArch2
BronzeLounger

Post by BobArch2 »

stuck wrote:
02 Oct 2023, 14:10
BobArch2 wrote:
02 Oct 2023, 14:01
...hospital food... ..UGH. 😩
I deduce that means that Canadian hospital kitchens, like the kitchens in UK hospitals, have the ability to transform peas from their usual, appetising, green colour into a most unappealing range of colours that goes from yellow to grey :puke:

Ken

YUPPERS... I suggest they all attended the same cooking school in Lower SLOP-BOVIA
Regards,
Bob

BobArch2
BronzeLounger

Post by BobArch2 »

HansV wrote:
02 Oct 2023, 14:14
Perhaps you had just moved to a different room...
Possible, but their central mail room is usually good in tracking down a patient.
Regards,
Bob

DocAElstein
5StarLounger

Post by DocAElstein »

BobArch2 wrote:
02 Oct 2023, 14:12
HansV wrote:
Not as of this date 🥺
.....their central mail room is usually good in tracking down a patient.
.... It’s fully possible that, after they saw what I sent you at about the same time, you and all your mail is now being investigated, so I may have blown your chances of being the next President, sorry about that.
(P.S. I really did send something end of August.... some pics on a few A4 sides...)
I seriously don’t ever try to annoy. Maybe I am just the kid that missed being told about the King’s new magic suit, :(

BobArch2
BronzeLounger

Post by BobArch2 »

BobArch2 wrote:
HansV wrote:
Not as of this date 🥺
Hi Hans, ask and it came about. Unbelievable as it seems, your card was received this morning.

Looks like it is postmarked the 28th of August. It is addressed to the room I had on the 28th of August and I did not move until the 19th of September. Guess it was still on its way over the Pond.

I took a snapshot with my Pixel 6a phone but the photo is 1mb and I cannot reduce it with software on my phone.
Regards,
Bob

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Good grief! I thought it'd take a week at most...
Best wishes,
Hans

BobArch2
BronzeLounger

Post by BobArch2 »

DocAElstein wrote:
02 Oct 2023, 14:23
It’s fully possible that, after they saw what I sent you at about the same time, you and all your mail is now being investigated, so I may have blown your chances of being the next President, sorry about that.
(P.S. I really did send something end of August.... some pics on a few A4 sides...)
Alan, I sincerely apologize for not acknowledging your fantastic pictorial letter received last month. I found your pictures and story so intriguing I read it a few times. Great story and pictures.

@ChrisG.

Chris, I should and must also apologize to you for "the unique" Get Well card you sent and was received at the same time as Alan's letter.

Both through the main office of Lakeridge Health Services.

P.S. to anyone: How do you format a person's Lounge name so they get a copy of the message. For example, I wanted to make sure Chris also got a copy of the above. I did search the FAQs but found nothing.
Regards,
Bob

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

BobArch2 wrote:
02 Oct 2023, 17:57
...P.S. to anyone: How do you format a person's Lounge name so they get a copy of the message. For example, I wanted to make sure Chris also got a copy of the above...
There is no native way in phpBB to do what you ask. There is though a phpBB extension that will enables you to mention a user by prefixing their username with the @ symbol:
    https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... _mentions/

Whether or not our Admins would want to install this feature, I don't know.

Ken

BobArch2
BronzeLounger

Post by BobArch2 »

BobArch2 wrote:
02 Oct 2023, 17:48
BobArch2 wrote:
HansV wrote:
Not as of this date 🥺
Hi Hans, ask and it came about. Unbelievable as it seems, your card was received this morning.

Looks like it is postmarked the 28th of August. It is addressed to the room I had on the 28th of August and I did not move until the 19th of September. Guess it was still on its way over the Pond.

I took a snapshot with my Pixel 6a phone but the photo is 1mb and I cannot reduce it with software on my phone.
Try this.
Last edited by BobArch2 on 02 Oct 2023, 19:26, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,
Bob

BobArch2
BronzeLounger

Post by BobArch2 »

stuck wrote:
02 Oct 2023, 18:16
BobArch2 wrote:
02 Oct 2023, 17:57
...P.S. to anyone: How do you format a person's Lounge name so they get a copy of the message. For example, I wanted to make sure Chris also got a copy of the above...
There is no native way in phpBB to do what you ask. There is though a phpBB extension that will enables you to mention a user by prefixing their username with the @ symbol:
    https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... _mentions/

Whether or not our Admins would want to install this feature, I don't know.

Ken
Ah ha, I did try the @ prefix with a correct Lounge name and it did not work. Now I know why.
Regards,
Bob