What i saw on my hols ...

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

What i saw on my hols ...

Post by ChrisGreaves »

Went for a drive tonight, straight up Dixie road, clawing our way through the suburbs to Orangeville for a coffee, then back again, backroads only.
There is a point on Dixie Road - Escarpment Side Road - where with the setting sun over one's right shoulder one looks down from the rim of the Niagara Escarpment(1) to downtown Toronto and sees the bank buildings and the CN Tower quite clearly.
I came home and used Google Earth directions; it's 66 miles by road, but about 40 miles in a direct line.
I had not realized that one could see the tower (and the buildings) so clearly from 40+ miles away.
Jezza take note ....
Star_CNTower.JPG
(1) If you look at a map of The Great Lakes, you will see a circular saucer-like depression with Milwaukee at 9 o'clock, Sault Ste Marie at 12 o'clock, the little hamlet of "Star" at 3 o'clock and Toledo roughly marking 6 o'clock. The Niagara escarpment is the bit running from Niagara Falls (duh!) through Manitoulin island to Sault Ste Marie.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
He who plants a seed, plants life.