The June solstice

Hey Jude
5StarLounger

Re: The June solstice

Post by Hey Jude »

Summer solstice brought with it a night fit for elves and faeries :clapping: :fanfare: :grin: . Listening to George Winston's Summer CD Hummingbird is one of my favourite selections. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiUvYflrC30

My heart is happy with the advent of this solstice. Festivals, concerts, dancing, child laughing and playing in the pool are just a few of the special delights :fanfare: It brings out the child in me :thankyou:
♫...Take a sad song and make it better . . .♫ Image

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Hi Hey Jude,

Nice to see you posting again. Thanks for the YouTube link. (December and Winter into Spring were among my mother's favorite albums)
Best wishes,
Hans

VegasNath
5StarLounger

Post by VegasNath »

Hey Jude wrote:Summer solstice brought with it a night fit for elves and faeries :clapping: :fanfare: :grin: . Listening to George Winston's Summer CD Hummingbird is one of my favourite selections. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiUvYflrC30
I must admit that this is not usually my type of thing, but that was a pleasure to listen to. :clapping:
:wales: Nathan :uk:
There's no place like home.....

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

Hey Jude wrote:Summer solstice brought with it a night fit for elves and faeries :clapping: :fanfare: :grin: . Listening to George Winston's Summer CD Hummingbird is one of my favourite selections. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiUvYflrC30

My heart is happy with the advent of this solstice. Festivals, concerts, dancing, child laughing and playing in the pool are just a few of the special delights :fanfare: It brings out the child in me :thankyou:
Welcome back, girl :exclamation: :clapping:
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

Hey Jude wrote:Hummingbird is one of my favourite selections.
That's excellent, thank you for the link. I think I know someone who might like to have ago at playing that on his piano but he has a (Grade 8) clarinet exam to concentrate on for the next few weeks.

Ken

rettingr
StarLounger

Post by rettingr »

I can't say it was a pleasure, but it was an experience to feel 55 degrees C (130F) in Saudi Arabia and -55C (-66F) in Fairbanks Alaska. I think I liked the cold better. You can always put in more clothing, but there is only so much you can take off... Not that it can be a bad thing, mind you :innocent:
Randy

Hey Jude
5StarLounger

Post by Hey Jude »

stuck wrote:
That's excellent, thank you for the link. I think I know someone who might like to have ago at playing that on his piano but he has a (Grade 8) clarinet exam to concentrate on for the next few weeks.

Ken
I remember studying for piano exams and practicing ad nauseum for countless recitals. Good luck to the student on their examination.
HansV wrote:Hi Hey Jude,

Nice to see you posting again. Thanks for the YouTube link. (December and Winter into Spring were among my mother's favorite albums)
December was my first exposure as well as the Autumn album. When Charlie Brown specials air, Winston/Guaraldi immediately fill my ears with such delight.
Of course Winston plays Vince Guaraldi's compositions; another of my favourites is
http://www.georgewinston.com/music/love ... i-volume-2

Blossom Meadow is from that album http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdT22fktoos
(Nice seeing you folks as well)
viking33 wrote: Welcome back, girl :exclamation: :clapping:
Thanks Bob :thankyou:
VegasNath wrote: I must admit that this is not usually my type of thing, but that was a pleasure to listen to. :clapping:
Light and airy faerie feeling which tickles my innards :clapping:

Hey Jude
5StarLounger

Post by Hey Jude »

rettingr wrote:I can't say it was a pleasure, but it was an experience to feel 55 degrees C (130F) in Saudi Arabia and -55C (-66F) in Fairbanks Alaska. I think I liked the cold better. You can always put in more clothing, but there is only so much you can take off... Not that it can be a bad thing, mind you :innocent:
Welcome Rettingr to EL. I've reached the age where a/c is an essential convenience to my sanity and comfort during the hot/humid Summer months. Did you happen to be in the military while in SA?