Albert ???

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Re: Albert ???

Post by Bigaldoc »

StuartR wrote:
Bigaldoc wrote:...I need to visit the latrine! Y'all come now, y'hear!...
Some things are best done in private.
In my home, it is, except that the cat follows me around wherever I go...

:flee:

DaveA
GoldLounger

Post by DaveA »

Two reasons some Americans prefer "restroom" over "bathroom" is that restrooms do not have bathtubs. The word "washroom" is used in the United States for a "laundry room" or utility room.
From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_toilet" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In some states here in the US before "Women's lip oops lib", most public "Ladies Rooms"were required to have a sofa so they could rest when that time of the month made them light headed.
I am so far behind, I think I am First :evilgrin:
Genealogy....confusing the dead and annoying the living

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

DaveA wrote:
Two reasons some Americans prefer "restroom" over "bathroom" is that restrooms do not have bathtubs. The word "washroom" is used in the United States for a "laundry room" or utility room.
From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_toilet" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In some states here in the US before "Women's lip oops lib", most public "Ladies Rooms"were required to have a sofa so they could rest when that time of the month made them light headed.
How you know that, Dave? You been sneaking a peek into the ladie's rooms lately? :innocent:

DaveA
GoldLounger

Post by DaveA »

Good question,
Before retirement, I was involved in the relocation of many groups and it include the building and furniture requirements. These "Sofa's" were always on the required list and the requirement was challenged many times, and the Washington State Law was quoted. But then when we (State of Washington) joined the "Equal Opportunity" class, the requirement was dropped, because, if maintained the men's room would also have to have one. :rofl:

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

DaveA wrote:Good question,
Before retirement, I was involved in the relocation of many groups and it include the building and furniture requirements. These "Sofa's" were always on the required list and the requirement was challenged many times, and the Washington State Law was quoted. But then when we (State of Washington) joined the "Equal Opportunity" class, the requirement was dropped, because, if maintained the men's room would also have to have one. :rofl:
Equal opportunity? Do men in Washington have: to have a sofa so they could rest when that time of the month made them light headed? :innocent: :grin:
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

DaveA
GoldLounger

Post by DaveA »

No, the "Ladies" lost their sofa, and had to fend for themselves.

Slim
StarLounger

Post by Slim »

I used to smoke Prince Albert and Sir Walter Raleigh until I had to give up my pipe. They both came in a can. Originally the pocket packages were in cans but later switched to plastic sealed pouches. The pound versions still come in cans last time I looked.
Regards,
Slim