Gmail Account

BobH
UraniumLounger

Gmail Account

Post by BobH »

There probably is a more appropriate forum for this post, but I couldn't decide which one. Please put it where you think it belongs.

I created an email account a few weeks (months?) back. I've added it to my Thunderbird accounts, but I have never received an email there despite having sent test messages to it from other accounts. At one point I got the message in the screenshot, but I've not seen it for awhile. I couldn't find information about what the error means or how to fix it.
STAT command TB Error.png
Just now I thought maybe I should find the account in gmail and see if it's set up right. To save me, I cannot figure out how to do that. When I go to gmail accounts, it recognizes me by another gmail account name and the account is question is not associated with the account it wants to use.

Can anyone point me to wiki that explains the error message and suggests solutions?

I need to change my signature line to read "Old and Befuddled".
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

HansV
Administrator

Re: Gmail Account

Post by HansV »

In your browser, start a new private window. In Firefox, the shortcut for this is Ctrl+Shift+P.
Go to https://mail.google.com and log in with the account you want to test.
Best wishes,
Hans

BobH
UraniumLounger

Re: Gmail Account

Post by BobH »

Thanks, Hans. That private window tip is great. I was able to log in to mail at google only to find that the address as I thought it was created is invalid because it contain a hyphen (dash). That character is not accepted in gmail addresses; however, I was able to add the account to Thunderbird with it, and that requires having gmail servers validate the email address and password. It's a mystery how that was accomplished. In any case, I've deleted the email account with the hyphen from Thunderbird and now am working to set it up using a period where the hyphen was.

Thanks, again, for the help.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs