Ultra-Size Botheration (USB) memory key

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Ultra-Size Botheration (USB) memory key

Post by ChrisGreaves »

HPIM4260.JPG
They mean well, God Bless Them.
An Electronic Stewardship program here in the centre of the known universe.
Sent by postal mail ($1.25) a letter thanking me for taking part in their survey about electronic waste.
Also a memory key with the PDF report which is, surprise, surprise, available for d/l from their web site!
The key casing is one-inch wide, so it bumps all other USB plugs aside.
Also I suspect it won't fit into the backs of half the other computers I have lying around here ...

The jury is still out on the strongly-magnetic plugs which hold the wooden cap to the wooden casing.

(sigh!)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
He who plants a seed, plants life.

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Re: Ultra-Size Botheration (USB) memory key

Post by John Gray »

You're telling me you don't use the ~3" long USB 'extension' cables, the refuge of all right-thinking individuals when your PC-makers puts the USB sockets too close together? :shrug:
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your hospital appointment letter indicates that you won't be seeing the Consultant...

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

John Gray wrote:You're telling me you don't use the ~3" long USB 'extension' cables, the refuge of all right-thinking individuals when your PC-makers puts the USB sockets too close together? :shrug:
Never heard of 'em before.
I don't get out much ..... :innocent:

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Post by John Gray »

Here you are! (Buy some today...)
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your hospital appointment letter indicates that you won't be seeing the Consultant...

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

John Gray wrote:Here you are! (Buy some today...)
Oh. THOSE things. :blush: I've seen them in bins near the checkout counter at Staples, now I think of it. I always thought of them as "cables to nowhere".
I might pick up one of those 4-to-1 USB adpaters. That'd come in handy. This HP Aspiron notebook has only 3 USB sockets.

Leif
Administrator

Post by Leif »

ChrisGreaves wrote: I might pick up one of those 4-to-1 USB adpaters. That'd come in handy. This HP Aspiron notebook has only 3 USB sockets.
Note Stuart's comments in this post.

My main reason for using short extenders is to limit physical wear on the two ports I have on my monitor which I use for frequently and quickly connecting camera, phone, etc. I can afford to replace the cable, but would rather not lose the port altogether!
Leif