No Sound On Windows 11 Pro

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

No Sound On Windows 11 Pro

Post by hlewton »

This is probably another problem that will not have a straightforward answer, but I want to ask it anyway. On my wife’s computer the speakers were not putting out any sound and the systray did not show that they were muted, so I changed the speakers to a new pair and that still didn’t fix the problem. Thinking it must be the sound card, which is part of my motherboard as far as I know, I called the fellow who builds my computers to see what to do to fix it. He attached remotely into the machine and found the speakers were disabled in the properties of the speakers, please see attachment. I never knew that existed and my wife surely didn’t either. Since the sound had previously worked fine something had to disable that speaker setting and I am wondering if anyone has any idea how this could have happened. This is a Windows 11 Pro machine with all updates installed but she doesn’t know exactly when this happened so I cannot pinpoint an update being installed. Any thoughts?

Thanks
Speaker.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
hlewton

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Re: No Sound On Windows 11 Pro

Post by stuck »

Did someone plug a pair of headphones into one of the front sockets, even for only a short time? Doing that instead have disabled the rear output.

Ken

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

stuck wrote:
20 Feb 2024, 15:12
Did someone plug a pair of headphones into one of the front sockets, even for only a short time? Doing that instead have disabled the rear output.

Ken
No we don't even have a set of headphones. Thanks for the thought though.
Regards,
hlewton

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

You can check the update history in Settings | Windows Update | Update History.
Joe

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

JoeP wrote:
23 Feb 2024, 16:49
You can check the update history in Settings | Windows Update | Update History.
The problem is my wife has no idea when it first started happened. She doesn't care about sound usually. Thanks for the suggestion.
Regards,
hlewton