Brother HL-2270DW Wifi Printer Problems

BobH
UraniumLounger

Brother HL-2270DW Wifi Printer Problems

Post by BobH »

The immediate problem is that I cannot get my system to connect to the printer mentioned in the subject. The printer shows in the list of available networks, presumably because it is a wifi printer seen by my T-Mobile Gateway device in addition to the standard 2.4 and 5 GHz networks. It did not appear before when I was using a different ISP with cable to the house and modem and router. I think this is a function of the T-Mobile gear.

I've been through the process numerous times. I choose Settings > Network and Internet > Show available networks. I then choose the "printer" and provide the network security key (cut and paste; same as used for 2.4 and 5Ghz networks) then choose Next then choose Yes to allow to be discoverable. It consistently returns "Network Security Key isn't correct". I happen to have a Network Configuration data sheet printed by holding down the printer's ON button for 10 seconds. I printed it while following other instructions. As it turns out, the SSID contains the name of a previously used network name, Niko, that no longer exists. 3 lines below it, for Wireless Link Status, I see Failed to associate.

This indicates to me that the printer's firmware has the incorrect value, Niko, but I can't find any way to change it.

A few days ago, while trying to resolve the printer problem I thought it might be best to remove it from Windows device manager. I did so, now I can't add it back using software provided by Brother (presumably the same as that which came on CD when the printer was new, yeas ago).

If anyone can tell me how to fix the problem or where to find a solution, I'd be very much obliged.

:cheers: :chocciebar: :thankyou:
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

BobH
UraniumLounger

Re: Brother HL-2270DW Wifi Printer Problems

Post by BobH »

The pursuit continues.

From messages received after attempting to run the Brother software to add my printer to the wifi network (after resetting printer to factory defaults), it appears that I am running a firewall. Unless it is part of MSE, I don't know how I have a firewall. Can anyone tell me how to find out if I have one and how to turn it off if I discover that I do?
I found the answer. Firewall settings can be found in Control Panel.

:cheers: :chocciebar: :thankyou:
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs