I'm Snakebit! Send Help! Or IOW ...

BobH
UraniumLounger

I'm Snakebit! Send Help! Or IOW ...

Post by BobH »

I'm having a series of problems that my old brain cannot wrap around. I'll limit myself to a single problem in this post.

I cannot get my browser - Firefox - to address my router - Linksys EA7500 - successfully. When I enter the IP address - 192.168.1.1 - I get the router's login screen and provide credentials that it accepts but it never completes the transaction and delivers the next page from the router software.

As I've posted in other threads, I think the network adapter card in this 10+ yo HP laptop is failing because it does not 'see' the 5GHz wifi network. As part of trying to rule the router out as the cause, I wanted to check its settings. I've tried using the IP address as the URL like I've done in the past without success. I've tried using both the old laptop (which I'm typing from) and the new Dell laptop. I get identical results on both.

Do these results indicate a router problem? I'm loathe to blame the router because it serves both the 2.4Ghz and the 5GHz wifi networks to the new laptop and to both iPads and both iPhones and to 3 TV sets in the household. (I might have misspoken on the TV sets; they all receive streaming but I haven't confirmed what networks they use; I've assumed,for now, that the TVs are receiving either network.)

If the router won't respond in the usual way to the browser, is there any other way to check its settings?

:cheers: :chocciebar: :thankyou:
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

JoeP
SilverLounger

Re: I'm Snakebit! Send Help! Or IOW ...

Post by JoeP »

Have you rebooted the router?
Have you tried a wired connection to the router?
Joe

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Thanks for the response, Joe.

Yes, I've power failed and restarted the router but I have not yet reset it. I have not tried an ethernet cable either.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

I doubt that a reset is required yet. Try the wired connection if you can. Have you tried a different browser?
Joe

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

Have you ever updated the router firmware?
Joe