Second SSD for Lenovo IdeaPad 5

jmt356
SilverLounger

Second SSD for Lenovo IdeaPad 5

Post by jmt356 »

Does this image for the laptop below have an open bay for a second SSD?

It is for the Lenovo IdeaPad Pro 5 16IRH8. I read it supports a second hard drive but I cannot find an open bay.

Apologies the image is so small; I had to reduce it significantly as the forum was rejecting the original image (3.7 MB) and multiple reduced iterations (even when I got it down to 400 kb).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,

JMT

HansV
Administrator

Re: Second SSD for Lenovo IdeaPad 5

Post by HansV »

The Lenovo documentation states "Up to two M.2 PCIe® NVMe® SSD"
Best wishes,
Hans

jmt356
SilverLounger

Post by jmt356 »

Yes, I saw that, yet I can find no empty bay for a second M.2 PCIe® NVMe® SSD in the above image.
Regards,

JMT

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

My experience with opening laptops is limited, but when I have done I found that some components overlaid others and hid them from immediate view. I'm not necessarily recommending a complete tear down, just suggesting that you find a good diagram or set of photos detailing what each component is and where it is located. A brief search failed to find one for me, but persistence might prove successful. I also suggest you visit forums that discuss and answer questions about hardware.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Here is a larger picture of the laptop.

image001.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

jmt356
SilverLounger

Post by jmt356 »

These ports (the one on the left and the one on the right) are the only ones that I can imagine being able to accept any kind of card, but neither looks like it is big enough to support a PCIe Gen4 NVMe M.2 SSD 2280.
Regards,

JMT