Panasonic KX-MB271 Printer/Scanner; scanner function stop working

videobruce
NewLounger

Panasonic KX-MB271 Printer/Scanner; scanner function stop working

Post by videobruce »

Out of the blue (well almost) the Scanner function has stop working. The machine goes thru the cycle of scanning, but no file is produced. I've never had a problem with this on more than one of theses printers. Here is what I have done;

Did a search, but nothing other than a bad MS KB update that I didn't do,,
Removed and re-install the software & drivers and the update files. I have done that up to three times,
Disconnected this machine and connected another of the SAME model repeating the uninstall and re-install process,
Tried my back up, bootable HDD (D drive) )w/ the same O/S (that I rarely use, it's only for backup if I get a virus which hasn't happened in years),
Tried another USB cable,
Ran numerous A/V programs, all showed clean.

None of that fixed the problem. I thought it was a MS file thing (missing or corrupted helper files (dll's etc), but when the other drive failed I ruled that out.
The printer works fine, I can send jobs to the printer, but the scanner doesn't send the scan to the PC.
Win 7 Pro x64 on a AMD based Tower.

Any ideas??
Last edited by videobruce on 28 Jun 2023, 17:34, edited 1 time in total.

videobruce
NewLounger

Re: Panasonic KX-MB271 Printer/Scanner; scanner function stop working

Post by videobruce »

I should add, this is not the deal with that MS KB update causing a similar problem. That update was never installed.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

A belated welcome to Eileen's Lounge!

I see that you asked your question elsewhere too - in the future please mention that you crossposted. See Rule #9 in our House Rules (https://eileenslounge.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=488)
I take it your problem has been solved by completely removing the software, including all registry entries, then reinstalling it.
Best wishes,
Hans

videobruce
NewLounger

Post by videobruce »

I prefer to get multiple opinions and/or answers especially if it is a odd or unexplainable problem. I won't post again.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

We don't object to cross-posting (other boards do, sometimes vehemently), but we prefer if it is made explicit.
Best wishes,
Hans