Update: RIOT v2023.9 released

HansV
Administrator

Update: RIOT v2023.9 released

Post by HansV »

There is a new version of the picture compression tool RIOT. See v2023.9 / Sep 2023
Best wishes,
Hans

RonH
SilverLounger

Re: Update: RIOT v2023.9 released

Post by RonH »

Thanks for update advice :cheers:
Our colleague Ken (Stuck) put me onto this excellent app which is great for reducing eg file size.
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

Rebel
4StarLounger
Location: Recently moved to Bracebridge - in the heart of Muskoka.

Post by Rebel »

Thank you Hans. I had heard of RIOT in the past but I had neglected to install it. Great little utility.
John :canada:
A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
Never Regains Its Original Dimensions

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Thanks to Ken (stuck) for plugging the RIOT plug-in. It works great as a stand-alone utility too.
Best wishes,
Hans

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

Happy to help!

Do remember though that if you want to use it as a plugin for Irfanview you MUST use an old version of IrfanView (32 bit v4.57 or lower), together with the associated Irfanview v4.57 plugins. I can't remember what version of the RIOT plugin that combination installs but I've a feeling it is a lower version than the last one supported by IrfanView, which is 32 bit, v 1.0.1.

With this latest RIOT release I thought it might be worth investigating it as a plugin for 64 bit XnView MP but I didn't get very far. XnView MP is buggy, to the point of unusable, on my Win 11 laptop (the menu entries suddenly became huge and disconnected from the top level, meaning you couldn't select anything. Restarting the application 'fixed' it, until it happened again. Uninstalling the application fixed it permanently :grin: )

Ken

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

With me, Ken, it's stand-alone so no issues
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.