Issues Viewing a Word Press Web Page

BobH
UraniumLounger

Issues Viewing a Word Press Web Page

Post by BobH »

I've put this under Firefox threads because I didn't know where else to put it (except maybe Scuttlebutt).

There is a web page (https://blindpigandtheacorn.com/) blog that I frequent that I know to be created in Word Press. The author of the page has chosen what seems to me to be a strange navigation process. Navigation requires one to know to scroll down the page to a place beneath the author's photo at the right side of the screen to choose the current day's topic. It is after doing this and choosing the page that the browser defaults to scrolling to the bottom of the page.

This is the only web page with which I have this problem. I suspect that it is something that the page's author has done or doesn't know how to fix in Word Press; but before taking it up with her, I thought I'd ask here if it might be something I'm doing (showing my aged ignorance again) wrong. I don't think it's a Firefox problem, but I guess that is a possibility.

I'd be curious to know if others have this problem with Firefox or other browsers on this site. I'd also be curious to know if anyone with Word Press experience can shed any light on the issue.

Yours in aged ignorance . . .

:cheers: :chocciebar: :thankyou:
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

HansV
Administrator

Re: Issues Viewing a Word Press Web Page

Post by HansV »

I have moved this from Firefox to Web Development.

The most recent entry also appears to be listed immediately below the selection of (popular?) entries at the top:

S2480.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

I'm using the latest version of Firefox. It doesn't matter if I navigate to the latest post by:
  • scrolling down, past the headers to just below the line of images on a beige background and then clicking on thbe big red 'READ MORE -->' button
or
  • I scroll a bit further to just below the author's photo in the right hand side and then clicking on the top item given there,
both routes take me to the same page and I land and stay at, the top of that page.

Ken

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Thanks for the help, Gentlemen!
:cheers: :chocciebar: :thankyou:
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

chikara
NewLounger

Post by chikara »

I have been using WordPress for a few years now and I love it. However, recently I have encountered some issues viewing my web page. Sometimes the page does not load properly, or it shows a blank screen, or it gives me an error message. I have tried clearing my browser cache, deactivating my plugins, and resetting my permalinks, but nothing seems to work. I wonder if anyone else has faced the same problem and how they solved it. Is it a WordPress bug or a hosting issue? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.