How to change a word document into a website?

yanlok1345
StarLounger

How to change a word document into a website?

Post by yanlok1345 »

Hi all,

Iam new to HTML 5. I am struggled in changing a word document into a website for intranet usage. I want to find a tool allow me to design the layout of the website, then output it as html files.

Is it possible? Or there is no such product in the market?

I'm sorry that I asked such stupid questions as I am totally new to html 5.

Many thanks for your help.

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Re: How to change a word document into a website?

Post by ChrisGreaves »

yanlok1345 wrote:
09 Nov 2023, 14:45
25 years ago i wrote a web compiler which I still use today (which is why my web sites look like ratty text!)

I think of a web site as a set of MSWord documents related by hyperlinks.
I can start the web compiler in any one of the documents and it will traverse every (document) hyperlink in that tree, avoiding circular references, and converting to HTML only those pages whose source document has changed since the latest compile. It uploads linked images. www.LandfallGardenHouse.com for an example.

Over the years this has saved me hundreds of hours; I spot a typo in a page, and can edit the MSWord document in under a minutes, save and close the document, and return to the task in hand, secure in the knowledge that on the next major update to that part of the web site, the correction will be compiled and the web page updated.
Cheers, Chris
PS I have attached a simple introduction. C
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle

yanlok1345
StarLounger

Re: How to change a word document into a website?

Post by yanlok1345 »

ChrisGreaves wrote:
20 Dec 2023, 15:00
yanlok1345 wrote:
09 Nov 2023, 14:45
25 years ago i wrote a web compiler which I still use today (which is why my web sites look like ratty text!)

I think of a web site as a set of MSWord documents related by hyperlinks.
I can start the web compiler in any one of the documents and it will traverse every (document) hyperlink in that tree, avoiding circular references, and converting to HTML only those pages whose source document has changed since the latest compile. It uploads linked images. www.LandfallGardenHouse.com for an example.

Over the years this has saved me hundreds of hours; I spot a typo in a page, and can edit the MSWord document in under a minutes, save and close the document, and return to the task in hand, secure in the knowledge that on the next major update to that part of the web site, the correction will be compiled and the web page updated.
Cheers, Chris
PS I have attached a simple introduction. C
WoW! That's brilliant! Many thanks for sharing this masterpiece!