Any Advice on Web Site Hosting Providers?

BobH
UraniumLounger

Any Advice on Web Site Hosting Providers?

Post by BobH »

I have my domain name. I plan to create a webpage. I need to chose a hosting service. I'm seeking to know your experience and gain any advice you can share.

I used to use GoDaddy, but their low monthly cost plans require full payment for 3 years or more up front. I'm looking for a hosting service that has both low initial costs and low monthly costs for hosting. I'm not finding much useful information searching online. Mostly what I've found are compilations of service provider names and links to their sites. Such compilations are useful only to learn the names of providers but provide nothing qualitatively about their services.

:cheers: :chocciebar: :thankyou:
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

Jay Freedman
Microsoft MVP

Re: Any Advice on Web Site Hosting Providers?

Post by Jay Freedman »

Bob, I've had a website and multiple email addresses at Ionos for 15 years. It's a multinational, based in Germany and with an extensive North American presence. I've never had an issue with them; I spoke to a service representative once, just to confirm what I understood from their documentation.

You can look at their website hosting prices at https://www.ionos.com/hosting/web-hosting#plans.

BobH
UraniumLounger

Re: Any Advice on Web Site Hosting Providers?

Post by BobH »

Thanks Jay.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs