Thunderbird Supernova

BobH
UraniumLounger

Thunderbird Supernova

Post by BobH »

I've grown weary of trying to adapt to Supernova and wish to revert to Thunderbird of old. Does anyone have a URL that will take me to a download for the non-Supernova version.

:cheers: :chocciebar: :thankyou:
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

HansV
Administrator

Re: Thunderbird Supernova

Post by HansV »

Best wishes,
Hans

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

Bob ... also check out in the Thunderbird Forum.
There seems to be occasional problems with reverting but I suspect this could also be due to 'user' knowledge.

I have been using 115 and apart from initial set up difficulties, it works for me ... bit of a worry though are the many updates being released.

[url]https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/quest ... ird#search [</url]
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Thanks, Ron.

I just couldn't adjust to the new UI. I guess I'm not only old but also set in my ways.

I'll check out the support forum. I'm having some trouble getting V102 to recognize my credentials now that I've removed 115 and reinstalled 102.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

Hei Bob,
Others seem to have had similar issues.
Good luck and trusting you revert OK ... I have locked my lady on 102 and until 115 is a stable release she will not be upgrading. Whilst my 115 is operating okay for me I don't use many features ... just 2 email addresses, many Local Folders and the Address Book.
Regards 'security of emails' I use Mailstore app which is brilliant ... thanks to Ken of Stuck fame.
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Thanks.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

Maybe Bob, this will assist ... or not :groan:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1433552
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

Bob ... just curious.
Was it a positive experience reverting to 102?
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

In a word, "No."

Reverting itself was not a problem, but remaining reverted to V102 was well nigh impossible. Updates continually upgraded to 115.

All was not lost in the process, however, as I was able to get most of the look and feel I wanted in Supernova. How it happened is still a mystery to me, though. :scratch:
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)