New Outlook for Windows

RonH
SilverLounger

New Outlook for Windows

Post by RonH »

Any forum experience of this replacement for Windows Mail.

I use ... and will likely continue to use ... Thunderbird because it has good possibilities for Local Folders and Sub Folders. I do not retain emails 'on-line', choosing local filing if kept and from my first quick look at the new Outlook I do not see it as being as flexible. I realise, of course, that emails can also be retained in Windows Folders but T'bird interconnecting with the Mailstore app is very convenient.
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

HansV
Administrator

Re: New Outlook for Windows

Post by HansV »

New Outlook is the successor to Windows Mail and Microsoft also tries to promote it as a replacement for the Outlook in Microsoft Office.
The initial release only supported Microsoft accounts (outlook.com and hotmail.com), but support for Gmail and iMap accounts has been added in the meantime.
It looks like a full-featured application, but I don't see a pressing reason to abandon Thunderbird for it.
Best wishes,
Hans

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

Thanks Hans.

I have no plans to change from T'bird which already offers more than I need. It's also useful to have separated Inbox's for different email addresses but it's the Local Folder flexibility that really ticks it for me.
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Post by John Gray »

If this New Outlook were to support POP3/SMTP accounts, and PSTs, then it would enable me to move off Office 2010 to that and LibreOffice...
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your appointment letter indicates you won't be seeing the Consultant...

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

I also use Office 2010, John and I suspect so do many 1000`s of folk around our globe. Might upgrade at some stage but it meets my present needs
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.