To Some Recipients To Field Not Sending

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

To Some Recipients To Field Not Sending

Post by hlewton »

I have a rather large group I created that I send out information to on news of interest to them and I use the BCC field in Outlook. Occasionally, I will deal with one of the recipients on an individual basis. I have never had any concerns until very recently. Most of those I deal with on an individual basis, I know receive my emails and when I deal individually, I use the To field in Outlook. This one person is not receiving my individual emails but receives the group emails. So I experimented and sent her an individual email using the BCC field and she received that. My concern is if there are others not receiving my individual emails that I don't know about, I don't believe so but not sure. The group emails only have to be replied to if the recipient wants to reply, it is not required. Over the years I have never encountered this problem before and wonder if there is a remedy. Any idea what is happening here?

Thanks
Regards,
hlewton

JoeP
SilverLounger

Re: To Some Recipients To Field Not Sending

Post by JoeP »

Are you getting any notifications (i.e. NDRs)?
Have you changed the number of recipients so that you might be bumping up against an email provider limit?
Joe

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

JoeP wrote:
29 Aug 2023, 13:47
Are you getting any notifications (i.e. NDRs)?
Have you changed the number of recipients so that you might be bumping up against an email provider limit?
I am not getting any notifications that the email was not delivered. Also, I do believe this one lady is the only one this happens to. I have been in contact with quite a few individuals lately. I am planning a class reunion and that contact keeps me busy but I have not had any problem with anyone else.

I ran an additional experiment with the lady sending first, again from the To: field. 5 hours later she had not received it. Then I sent the same email from the BBC: field and within seconds she received it. By the way, she was the only recipient in this second experiment. But the same was true in the first experiment.

When, in my first post, I mentioned a large group, it only has 43 recipients and they are all there. They are listed alphabetically by last name and the As are there and so is the one Z. She is in the middle and I have not added anyone new in over 2 years. I have deleted those who are no longer with us.
Regards,
hlewton

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

Well I am now back to my original concern about not knowing how many people are not getting my individual emails. It just happened to another of my group. I sure can't find any help by searching the NET and as much as we rely on emails today, it is concerning.
Regards,
hlewton

Leif
Administrator

Post by Leif »

In Outlook, under Options > Tracking... you can select to request a Delivery Receipt, and/or a Read Receipt.

However, there is no guarantee that these requests will be honoured - it can depend on the recipient's mail server settings - but it may be a starting point for you.
Leif

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

If you are using a contact group for the large list, double check her email address there as those addresses don't automatically update if there has been a change.

When you address her individually, are you using a contact or the recently used names (the list that pops up when you start typing a name)? They could be different.
Joe

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

Leif wrote:
30 Aug 2023, 16:28
In Outlook, under Options > Tracking... you can select to request a Delivery Receipt, and/or a Read Receipt.

However, there is no guarantee that these requests will be honoured - it can depend on the recipient's mail server settings - but it may be a starting point for you.
Thank you. I have done this and got no response as far as a confirmation.
Regards,
hlewton

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

JoeP wrote:
30 Aug 2023, 16:39
If you are using a contact group for the large list, double check her email address there as those addresses don't automatically update if there has been a change.

When you address her individually, are you using a contact or the recently used names (the list that pops up when you start typing a name)? They could be different.
Thank you. I already did check that. When I have an email change of address I delete the one in the group first and then add it again using the new address. I always check that just to be sure.
Regards,
hlewton