Additional email accounts

ErikJan
BronzeLounger

Additional email accounts

Post by ErikJan »

I'd like to create an account (free) that multiple people can use. Then I want to add that to my Outlook App and use a shared drive to exchange documents. And share the account user & PW with the four others who need access.
I started with an Outlook account. Weirdly enough it continues to force me to add that account to Windows where all I want is to use email and Onedrive. I managed to get the accounts into my Outlook App but using OneDrive seems impossible (I thought I could add username / password and then have a separate OneDrive available next to my personal one but that seems impossible.
My next try will be to move to Google and create an account there, maybe that, plus the associated Google Drive space won't interfere with my Windows setup.
Am I making sense? Is what I want even possible? Any tips?

So what I want is sort of a share mailbox with an email address and a shared space for some documents

HansV
Administrator

Re: Additional email accounts

Post by HansV »

You should have better luck with a Google account.

Remark: each time someone logs in to the Google account from a different device, Google will send a warning.
Best wishes,
Hans

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

I think duckduckgo has some facility for email accounts, too.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

You could open an In Private window in Edge, log in to your New OneDrive account, and create the website as an App. That will pin it to the taskbar. You can open it whenever you want and since it is in a Private window it should not interfere with your normal Windows account. You'd just be using the web interface to OneDrive.
Joe

ErikJan
BronzeLounger

Post by ErikJan »

OK, guess I'll go with Google then. Thanks.