Default Email Client

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Default Email Client

Post by hlewton »

I use mostly an Outlook account and occasionally a gmail account for all my emails. Why when I click on an image, or anything else, and try to send myself, or anyone else, a link to that image does it open up my Hotmail account to send it?

I never use my Hotmail email to send anything only in connection to Microsoft 365 and, as can be seen, when I get emails from MS Support. But even then, if I have to reply, it is done using Outlook because their emails are transfered to that Outlook account. So consequentially when it opens Hotmail to send the link, I just copy it to my Outlook account to send to anyone but myself. Is there some reason Hotmail opens to do this sending? Can I change that to open my Outlook email service instead? Please see the attachment to see my Hotmail account was opened and ready to send the link inside the red box.
Mail.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
hlewton

HansV
Administrator

Re: Default Email Client

Post by HansV »

Apparently the Mail app that comes with Windows has been set as your default email application.

Press the Windows key or click the Start button.
Type default apps and press Enter or select Default apps (it should be the first item in the search results).
Select Mail.
Click the arrow to the right of MailTo.
Select Outlook, then click Set Default.
Do the same for the other items listed.
Best wishes,
Hans

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

Thank you. I believe that worked. However, please see the attachments. The top 2 choices allowed me to change them. The bottom 2 that the red arrows point to would not allow me any changes, at least that I understood. Please see the first attachment for the red arrows and then the second attachment shows what popped up when I clicked the far right arrow. Not sure what that was suggesting because it tried to take me to the Microsoft store..
DefaultMail1.jpg
DefaultMail.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
hlewton

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

OK. leave those alone. They're not really important.
Best wishes,
Hans

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

OK, thanks for the help.
Regards,
hlewton