Saving bookmarks in Firefox

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Saving bookmarks in Firefox

Post by John Gray »

I am clearly missing something [cue for Chris to come in here?!] but when I try to save a bookmark in Firefox via Bookmarks -> Bookmark Current... I am not offered any choice of where the bookmark should be saved. It will appear somewhat randomly in one of the Firefox bookmark folders.

I can move it to where I want by finding it in Recently Bookmarked, and doing a select->move->drop mouse operation, but is there any better way to get it to the required location on the save action?
Thanx! :thankyou:
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your hospital appointment letter indicates that you won't be seeing the Consultant...

HansV
Administrator

Re: Saving bookmarks in Firefox

Post by HansV »

Click the "Bookmark this page"button:

S2446.png

Change the description of the bookmark if you wish.
Select the desired location from the Location drop-down, then click Save.

S2447.png

(Do not use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+D, for that will save the bookmark without intervention.)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Post by John Gray »

Ah - thanks! Amazing quite how unintuitive some icons are...
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your hospital appointment letter indicates that you won't be seeing the Consultant...

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

John Gray wrote:
08 Sep 2023, 07:16
...save a bookmark in Firefox via Bookmarks -> Bookmark Current...
I always bookmark a page by clicking on the padlock in the address bar and then dragging and dropping the URL whether ever I want it on my Bookmarks toolbar.

Ken

Leif
Administrator

Post by Leif »

You can also click-and-hold the FavIcon on the active tab and drag it to where you want it - the Bookmarks link in the Menu Bar should expand as you hover over it, but not recommended if you have deeply buried sub-menus unless you have the steady hand of a bomb defuser...
Leif