Remove Search Panel from Firefox Taskbar

BobH
UraniumLounger

Remove Search Panel from Firefox Taskbar

Post by BobH »

Apparently I am losing all mental acuity.

I had to restart my laptop today. This came after I had Firefox delete all cookies. I do this occasionally. When I restarted, I experienced several new to me results. First, the restart failed. I had to use the power off button to stop it and then to restart it. I got prompts for several different app updates. I got a panel asking if I wanted to install a Search panel in the taskbar (the bar at the bottom of the screen). I couldn't find a way to say no or to get rid of the prompt window; so I said yes. Now I want to get rid of it as it takes up too much space, but I can't find instructions for removing it. I can find all kinds of instructions for removing a search panel from the toolbar at the top of the page, but none to remove it from the taskbar.

Running Fx 115.0.2 on Win 10 if that makes a difference.

Can anyone help?

:cheers: :chocciebar: :thankyou:
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

HansV
Administrator

Re: Remove Search Panel from Firefox Taskbar

Post by HansV »

Firefox Taskbar? Don't you mean the Windows Taskbar?
Best wishes,
Hans

BobH
UraniumLounger

Re: Remove Search Panel from Firefox Taskbar

Post by BobH »

Yes, Hans. Thank you,

I thought it was part of the Firefox display but I finally figured out that it is part of Windows. I was then able to find out how to remove the search panel. You replied before I got back to delete the post.

An aging brain is a liability. :hairout:
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs