Annoying VB editor behavior

Mark L
3StarLounger

Annoying VB editor behavior

Post by Mark L »

This has happened before, but now seems worse then ever before.

Happening in Access 2003. It is not letting me finish a line before it acts like I have and respaces it and highlights it in red if there an error. For example, I start typing this:

docmd.openreport "rptWhatever",

Actually, even before I got this far it changed it to "DoCmd.OpenReport". Then, it displayed the choices for the next option, but this lasted about a second! Then it erased all the hint and highlighted the line in red (because I hadn't finished). There are other similar instances, and it is driving me crazy!

I can't see that I've changed any settings. On the Editor tab of the VB Options pop-up, all the choices are checked (as always). The only one I've tried changing to correct this is the "Auto Syntax Checking", but this doesn't seem to make a difference. I do have other versions of Access on this computer (2007 and 2010), and maybe switching back and forth has set some option somewhere I don't know about?
Mark Liquorman
Land O Lakes, FL
see my website http://www.liquorman.net for Access Tips and Tricks, and for my Liquorman Utilities.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Annoying VB editor behavior

Post by HansV »

You don't happen to have a form open with an On Timer event procedure? I've noticed that the VBE is affected each time the timer event fires.
Best wishes,
Hans

Mark L
3StarLounger

Re: Annoying VB editor behavior

Post by Mark L »

Hans,

Thanks, I think that might have been it. I was working on someone else's db, and the particular form I was working on was opened from another form (which had a Timer interval set to 2 seconds to display a clock). I knew there was another hidden form open that had a timer event, but that was every 2 minutes or so.
Mark Liquorman
Land O Lakes, FL
see my website http://www.liquorman.net for Access Tips and Tricks, and for my Liquorman Utilities.