SQL Server Issue - Sharing across domains

Leesha
BronzeLounger

SQL Server Issue - Sharing across domains

Post by Leesha »

Hi,

IT Created A new server named “TTT-One” was relocated from “old domain” to “new domain”. The new domain is TTTSM. When it was copied away from old domain, the “LOCAL” administrator account of the server was added to all the SQL database security permissions as well as to one security section of the entire SQL Server.

Now…the server is joined to the “new domain(TTTSM)”. SQL Studio works if you log into the server as LOCAL administrator (TTT-One\Administrator). We are able to see the correct user accounts in each database AND can add users to each database. If we TRY TO add the “new domain user accounts”….such as TTTSM\Administrator we get errors that we don't have permission to do this. If you log into the server as domain administrator (TTTSM\Administrator)…it does not work. We aren't able to get into SQL as we are told we don't have permission. We can only get in under the local account.

Does anyone know how to get past this?

Thanks,
Leesha

HansV
Administrator

Re: SQL Server Issue - Sharing across domains

Post by HansV »

I'm sorry, I cannot help you with this.
Best wishes,
Hans

Gasman
2StarLounger

Post by Gasman »

This would be for IT to sort out surely?
Using Access 2007/2019.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.
Please, please use code tags when posting code snippets, click the </>icon.
Debug.Print is your lifesaver.

Michael Abrams
4StarLounger

Post by Michael Abrams »

Gasman wrote:
25 Apr 2024, 10:50
This would be for IT to sort out surely?
You would think :hairout:

I've been here for 20 years, and roughly 50% of the time, IT couldn't hep (meaning they didn't know or couldn't find out) and I got some really incredible solutions here.

Didn't mean to hijack here, but "IT's problem" becomes the user's problem :scratch:

Michael