List Box form in Query for parameter entry

colmac
StarLounger

List Box form in Query for parameter entry

Post by colmac »

Trying to create a List Box form in for use in a Query for parameter entry - Access 2013.

From the help file within Access 2013, I found an MS article

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/acces ... c276756282

However, it applies to Access 2010. Knowing that sometimes this does not matter, I tried to follow the instructions for the section
Create a form that collects parameters

All seemed fine till I got to paras 15-17
15.Repeat steps 1 through 3 to create another new macro. Give the new macro a name, such as OK.
16.Click the drop-down arrow next to Add New Action, and then click SetValue. This action will be used to hide the report parameter form when the user clicks OK.
17.Set the action arguments as shown in the following table.
My AddNewAction dialog does not include "Set Value"

I'm way beyond my knowledge levels, and while I can follow instructions, I get lost when the instruction (SEEM) to be wrong. I have looked at all the other possible values but cannot see a suitable one.

Have I missed something, or are the instructions wrong (or more to the point, different for 2013)?

Thanks

HansV
Administrator

Re: List Box form in Query for parameter entry

Post by HansV »

By default, the SetValue action is not listed.

First, make sure that your database is stored in a Trusted Location for Access, or that you have made it a Trusted Document for Access.
See Add, remove, or change a trusted location for instructions on making a folder a Trusted Location.

Then, in the macro design window, click to highlight the 'Show All Actions' button:
S283.png
SetValue will now be available.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

colmac
StarLounger

Re: List Box form in Query for parameter entry

Post by colmac »

Thanks again.

Yes I had completely forgotten to set the "Show All Actions"!!!!!!!!!!!!

I sometimes despair if I'll ever learn this prog enough (but I love using it, it is so powerful)

Thanks