carrietm
2StarLounger

Post by carrietm »

I don't know how to create a lot of code so I tend to jump through a lot of hoops by manipulating querys until I get the results that I need.

I have several queries that look at whether appointments have started on time or not. The final report shows the percentage of on time starts by month by staff member. The only way that future months will remain on the report without an error is by creating a "PlaceHolder" so there's data available for each month. See what I mean by jumping through hoops. lol

Anyway, it worked and I'm limping along but of course "placeholder" is pretty out of place on the report and I would rather not turn it in that way.

Is there a module that you could give me that would hide that one [StaffID] (text field) but still show all of the others? I tried to make it <> "PlaceHolder" at the query level but then I'm back to square one and get the error message on all of the future months of the year when I try to run the report.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Report

Post by HansV »

You could use Conditional Formatting to set the font color of the text box to the background color if the value is PlaceHolder:
S281.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

carrietm
2StarLounger

Post by carrietm »

The conditional formatting only hid the Staff header. All of the detail for the Staff is still on the report. Thinking along that line though, I guess if it can't be hidden, I can push it to a pdf and delete it there. That should be okay.

Thank you!

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

It may be too difficult, but could you create a stripped down copy of the database without sensitive information, zip it and attach the zip file to a reply?
Best wishes,
Hans

carrietm
2StarLounger

Post by carrietm »

Thank you Hans. Your team is wonderful to work with and you've pulled me through many challenging times. I'm used to jumping through hoops. I try to only ask for help when I'm stumped. The conditional formatting is what I needed to think about it in a different way so...

I've renamed it "ZZZPlaceHolder" so it will fall to the bottom of the report and I've added a note to the form that I use to run it, "print it to Adobe and then remove ZZZPlaceHolder from the bottom of the report." I think that should work. All is well for another day. :-)

Thanks again.