Excel booking system

HansV
Administrator

Re: Excel booking system

Post by HansV »

But we do NOT want to convert the values to text here - we want to keep the leading zeros in the values (as opposed to just displaying them by applying a custom number format).
Best wishes,
Hans

DocAElstein
5StarLounger

Re: Excel booking system

Post by DocAElstein »

Hi Hans,
I am not quite sure who or what you are referring to. I confess I have not looked at detail at the whole file, and some of my code lines were removing the leading zero which may be undesirable.

To elaborate: I might sometimes be changing something that is
_ looking like a number but held in text form, ( numbers held in a string variable),
into a,
_ number in number form, (so more like a number that is, .. well more sort of held like number ).
Pseudo like, changing
"36"
to
So I might sometimes also, inadvertently, be doing something undesirable like pseudo like changing
"03"
to

But (I think ) I was not converting any values into text though, Pascal (p45cal) neither- Mostly we were talking about getting rid of that warning. My ways perhaps do mess a bit with the actual things, whereas Pascal’s just prevents the warning showing, which might be better.
I thought maybe never the less something in what I did might be useful
Sorry if I missed something and/ or confused things.

Alan

( P.S. The reason for me using the word Text in a cell, was just to test/ check what I was doing in different data possibilities, as was my reasoning for including an empty cell. Maybe with hindsight some other word, or words, would have been better, something like xYz123b )
I seriously don’t ever try to annoy. Maybe I am just the kid that missed being told about the King’s new magic suit, :(