Sheet copy error

adam
SilverLounger

Sheet copy error

Post by adam »

Hi anyone,

My sheet only has print range and print titles. But when I try to copy I get a message "A formula or sheet you want to move or copy contains the name "...", which already exists on the destination worksheet."

I tried to locate this from Formulas Name manager but couldn't find any.

How could I get rid of this?
Best Regards,
Adam

Rudi
gamma jay

Re: Sheet copy error

Post by Rudi »

Have you checked the name manager in the source and destination workbooks for any named ranged?
Also, make sure that you clear the filter in the name manager dialog (button on the top right corner of the feature). Choose Filter > Clear Filter.
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

adam
SilverLounger

Post by adam »

Thanks for the recommendation Rudi.

The error message gets when I try to copy the active sheet for the second time and on wards.

For example if I copy the sheet to a specified workbook for the first time I don't get the message. But when I try to copy the sheet to the workbook for the second time with new data I do get the message?

What may be the reason for this?
Best Regards,
Adam

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

Have you checked the Name Manager to determine if range names exist in the workbook that contains the sheet you are copying?
Remember to ensure that there are no filters on the range names in the Name Manager Dialog (see previous post).

If you still see no names in the dialog then paste the code below into a standards module in the workbook containing the sheet you are duplicating and run it to expose any hidden names (or delete all names). make sure that there are no named ranges connected to the sheet you are duplicating. his should clear up the nagging warnings.

Code: Select all

Sub ExposeNames()
Dim sName as Name
For Each sName in ActiveWorkbook.Names
    sName.Hidden = False
Next sName
End Sub
If you are sure you don't need any name ranges, you can delete all names by running the code below.

Code: Select all

Sub DeleteNames()
Dim sName As Name
    On Error Resume Next
    For Each sName In ActiveWorkbook.Names
        sName.Delete
    Next sName
End Sub
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

adam
SilverLounger

Post by adam »

Thanks for the help Rudi. The sheet copy error is now solved.
Best Regards,
Adam