Store table style in template

Robie
5StarLounger

Store table style in template

Post by Robie »

Hi

Time for a stupid question so please bear with me.

I have designed a table in my Word document that is used for one specific purpose for one specific group and within a specific addin. This table has yellow header, 1st and last column are left indented, middle columns are centred, etc.

I would like to store this table in my Addin. Is that even possible?

Thanks.
Robie

HansV
Administrator

Re: Store table style in template

Post by HansV »

Yes, you can store a table in it. But do you mean a .dotm used as a document template or as an add-in?
If it is a document template, the table will be present in all new documents based on the template.
If it is an add-in, how would you like to use it?

By the way, a new member has posted a question for you in Word 2010 highlight/toggle button - SOLVED. Could you take a look? Thanks in advance.
Best wishes,
Hans

Robie
5StarLounger

Post by Robie »

HansV wrote:Yes, you can store a table in it. But do you mean a .dotm used as a document template or as an add-in?
If it is a document template, the table will be present in all new documents based on the template.
If it is an add-in, how would you like to use it?

By the way, a new member has posted a question for you in Word 2010 highlight/toggle button - SOLVED. Could you take a look? Thanks in advance.
Thanks Hans. I will take a look at the member question.

In terms of the table use, it would be in a .dotm file which is loaded as an Addin by the user. Quite simple the table should set up all the formatting for selected table. For example, the header row, first and last column to be left justified, middle columns to be centred, etc. I have managed to create a table in my document that I would like to use a style table.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Would you like apply the formatting to an existing table, or do you want to give the user the ability to insert a new, already formatted table?
Best wishes,
Hans

Robie
5StarLounger

Post by Robie »

HansV wrote:Would you like apply the formatting to an existing table, or do you want to give the user the ability to insert a new, already formatted table?
Apply formatting to already existing table please.
Thanks.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I don't think storing a table in the add-in would help with that in any way.

You could create a table style, but that would have to live in the document template, not in the add-in.
Or create a macro in the add-in that applies the desired formatting.
Best wishes,
Hans

Robie
5StarLounger

Post by Robie »

HansV wrote:I don't think storing a table in the add-in would help with that in any way.

You could create a table style, but that would have to live in the document template, not in the add-in.
Or create a macro in the add-in that applies the desired formatting.
Okay. Thanks Hans.
Let me think about doing it.