E-Mail Notifications from Teams

Winston
Lounger

E-Mail Notifications from Teams

Post by Winston »

Hello,

Recently I have been getting notifications in Outlook every time someone posts in Teams. Is there something I am missing to turn off these notifications? This has just recently started. It does not matter what Teams channel or the chat conversation the message comes from in Teams, I get an e-mail saying, "*Random Name* in Teams" or "You have a new message in Teams", as the sender and a subject of *Random name has sent a message. I have gone through and turned off every notification setting I can find but still get them in my e-mail. I know I can set a rule to delete these messages but I would just like to turn them off.

Outlook Version - Microsoft® Outlook® for Microsoft 365 MSO (Version 2311 Build 16.0.17029.20028) 64-bit
Teams Version - Microsoft Teams version 23306.3315.2560.6525.

Thank you in advance.

Winston

HansV
Administrator

Re: E-Mail Notifications from Teams

Post by HansV »

In Teams, click your user picture, select Settings, then Notifications. Under Email, select Off. Does that help?
Best wishes,
Hans

Winston
Lounger

Post by Winston »

Thanks.

I have every notification turned off in Teams. The e-mails still come through. It is just annoying to have my inbox spammed with an additional 50+ e-mails each day for items that are not related to me. I will keep digging through the settings. I am guessing Microsoft has that hard coded to send the e-mails in the new version of Teams. It would be nice to only get an e-mail when someone mentions you but not for every single message someone posts.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Do you have multiple Teams accounts? If so, have you turned off notifications in each of them?
Best wishes,
Hans