What Is Happening With Microsoft 365?

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

What Is Happening With Microsoft 365?

Post by hlewton »

Recently I have been getting a couple strange messages when opening Microsoft 365 apps. The other day when opening an Excel file that I open every day, I got a message that I had to sign into my Hotmail account to continue. All I did was click the OK button and Excel opened and ran as it should. Today on another machine when trying to open my wife's Outlook email account I got a dialog box that said you have reached your limit of signing in. I clicked the Continue button and it worked as it should. Any idea why I am getting these strange messages pertaining to Microsoft 365? Thanks.
Regards,
hlewton

HansV
Administrator

Re: What Is Happening With Microsoft 365?

Post by HansV »

There have been lots of reports of weird sign-in problems with Microsoft 365 recently. I'd wait a few days to see if Microsoft solves it. Make sure that Microsoft 365 is up-to-date.
Best wishes,
Hans

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

HansV wrote:
18 Jul 2023, 15:07
There have been lots of reports of weird sign-in problems with Microsoft 365 recently. I'd wait a few days to see if Microsoft solves it. Make sure that Microsoft 365 is up-to-date.
OK, thanks.
Regards,
hlewton

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

I thought I knew how to keep Microsoft up to date but I just went to the Microsoft store and under Libraries I didn't see anything related to Microsoft 365. Also, I believe it is no longer associated with the Windows update site. So how do I keep Microsoft 365 up to date?
Regards,
hlewton

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Open any Microsoft 365 desktop app, for example Excel or Word.
Select File > Account.
You'll see info about Microsoft 365 on the right hand side.
Click the Update Options button, then select Update Now.
At the time of writing, the version of the Current Channel is Version 2306 (Build 16529.20182)
Best wishes,
Hans