Scripts

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Re: Scripts

Post by Gloria E »

HansV wrote:Must have been a really serious error on the web page (not your fault!)
I knew it wasn't my fault because the notice said the error occurred on the webpage. When I clicked yes that I wanted to continue using scripts the message kept coming back, when I decided to select no, after a couple of no's the message went away and I was able to print the page.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

You might notify the web master, but don't hold your breath...
Best wishes,
Hans

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Hi Gloria!

I wouldn't bother trying to notify a web page author of an error in his script . . . unless it was someone i knew and wanted to give a "heads up." I say this assuming it unlikely that one would reach the actual person responsible and that one might be dragged into a debugging session that could become tedious.

Just my opinion, of course, and worth far less than 2 cents American.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

BobH wrote:Hi Gloria!

I wouldn't bother trying to notify a web page author of an error in his script . . . unless it was someone i knew and wanted to give a "heads up." I say this assuming it unlikely that one would reach the actual person responsible and that one might be dragged into a debugging session that could become tedious.

Just my opinion, of course, and worth far less than 2 cents American.
I value your opinion Bob. You know, you're right, the only time I notified an author or web master was when I notified him/her on this forum. And I got a swift reply, and that's unusual.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!