Files not showing after C Drive recovery

Leesha
BronzeLounger

Files not showing after C Drive recovery

Post by Leesha »

Hi,
I just recovered my C drive following a virus corruption. I used Acronis and it worked fine. The problem is that when I did the original system backup it didn't do a mirror of all of the drives as it was set to do, but only did the C drive. I have programs stored on the D drive and work on F. All programs seem to be opening appropriately and the drive partitions show that there are files on them when I go into computer management and look at the capacity and space used. However, when I go to try to access any of the work, or even see the program files the partition come stating that the partition is empty. I went into control panel and set the view to view hidden files, which worked. Is there anyway to set these files back to their original status as not being hidden?

Thanks,
Leesha

Roderunner
5StarLounger

Re: Files not showing after C Drive recovery

Post by Roderunner »

Hi Leesha,
Try running the restore again or using an older backup.
Windows 11 Home 22H2

Regards,
George.

Leesha
BronzeLounger

Post by Leesha »

The restore only did the C partition and is the one I did on 10/1/2011 when I put in the new larger HD and rebuilt the laptop. The D partition contains programs and the F partition contains work. I do not want to restore the F drive from a recent backup up due to concern that that virus the blew up the latpop in the first place is contained it nor do I want to loose work. I can access the file as long as the view setting is set to show hidden files so I am functional. I just would like to have them not "hidden". I suppose I could cut the files and paste them back but that seems redundant if there is a way to just change the setting/property.
Thanks,
Alicia

Leesha
BronzeLounger

Post by Leesha »

Update - I went to the properties of one of the folders and saw a check in the box that said hidden. I took the check out and its visible.

Roderunner
5StarLounger

Post by Roderunner »

Hi Leesha,
I use Acronis 2010 and only do 'One Click' backups to a new folder on an external hdd everytime. I never backup partition D: drive. Everything on it is saved on 3 external hdd's, therefore I can totally wipe my hdd, restore C: drive in under 5 minutes, copying files back to D: drive takes about 1 hour.
Windows 11 Home 22H2

Regards,
George.