Control panel Classic View

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Control panel Classic View

Post by Gloria E »

My control panel opens in Category View. How do I change it to Classic View? I don't know how this changed, I've never set it that way. I've searched Help and Googled the problem but found no help in either location.

My motto of the simpler the better has been violated. :sad:

All assistance will be appreciated.

Gloria E
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

MalcolmWalker
3StarLounger

Re: Control panel Classic View

Post by MalcolmWalker »

Category View is the default. Having opened the Control Panel look near the top of the window for the words: `Adjust your computer's settings'.
To the far right of these words is the word Category with a drop down arrow. Click the dropdown and choose from Large icons or Small icons to display the Control Panel in Classic View.

Roderunner
5StarLounger

Post by Roderunner »

I prefer my control panel to show as a menu.
Untitled.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Windows 11 Home 22H2

Regards,
George.

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

Roderunner wrote:I prefer my control panel to show as a menu.
Me too.
StuartR

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Post by John Gray »

I like the classic view on PCs, and the menu system on servers. Schitzo... Skitso... Bi-polar disorder!
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your hospital appointment letter indicates that you won't be seeing the Consultant...

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

John Gray wrote:I like the classic view on PCs, and the menu system on servers. Schitzo... Skitso... Bi-polar disorder!
No, John! You're just coming unraveled at both ends! :rofl:
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

MalcolmWalker wrote:Category View is the default. Having opened the Control Panel look near the top of the window for the words: `Adjust your computer's settings'.
To the far right of these words is the word Category with a drop down arrow. Click the dropdown and choose from Large icons or Small icons to display the Control Panel in Classic View.
Malcolm, let me try and explain what's happening with my Control Panels.

I have two different ones, the one that appears when I click on the Start orb and look straight up, the Control Panel (when selected) appears in Classic View (I used your instructions to get that view).

When I click on the Start orb and look to the right of All Programs > Control Panel, it opens as a menu. Is it normal to have two different Control Panels on the same machine at the same time? If not, please advise how to remove one or the other. :boxedin:
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

What you see is simply two different ways of looking at control panel. There is no reason not to keep both views, but if you want to get rid of one, you could - for example - right-click the one in Start > "straight up" and select "Remove from this list".
Best wishes,
Hans

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

HansV wrote:What you see is simply two different ways of looking at control panel. There is no reason not to keep both views, but if you want to get rid of one, you could - for example - right-click the one in Start > "straight up" and select "Remove from this list".
I see no reason to remove one either. It's like having two ways to reach one destination in your automobile.

MalcolmWalker
3StarLounger

Post by MalcolmWalker »

Gloria E wrote:When I click on the Start orb and look to the right of All Programs > Control Panel, it opens as a menu. Is it normal to have two different Control Panels on the same machine at the same time? If not, please advise how to remove one or the other. :boxedin:
Sorry Gloria, I am not able to add to my previous response as in my system directly above the Start Orb there isn't a link to open the Control Panel.

DaveA
GoldLounger

Post by DaveA »

MalcolmWalker wrote:Sorry Gloria, I am not able to add to my previous response as in my system directly above the Start Orb there isn't a link to open the Control Panel.
Gloria has added a Pinned entry or is seeing her "Recent" entry of the Control Panel in the menu area.
I am so far behind, I think I am First :evilgrin:
Genealogy....confusing the dead and annoying the living