Can't View Some Videos

omega0401
StarLounger

Can't View Some Videos

Post by omega0401 »

I have a Win 7 PC running 64 bit and another PC running XP. I am trying to watch a video at http://tv.adobe.com but only some videos do not work on the Win 7 PC. It acts like it is trying to load the video but never does.

On the XP PC, I have no problem at all. I can't figure out what the difference between the two PCs is. The XP PC does have Quicktime and the Win 7 does not so I installed Quicktime and it still does not work. Any ideas as to what I can do to find the cause of my problem? I am using FF 7 and IE 9. Both browsers have the same problem. I think the problem is in Win 7 not the browsers but I might be wrong.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Can't View Some Videos

Post by HansV »

1. Some of the videos on that side are preceded by an advertisement. If you block ads on the Windows 7 PC, that might prevent the main video from starting.
2. Do you have the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player on the Windows 7 PC? You can check this on About Flash Player.
3. Windows 7 comes with a limited set of codecs for video. You can install a free codec pack such as K-Lite Codec Pack.
Best wishes,
Hans

omega0401
StarLounger

Post by omega0401 »

Hello Hans. I was behind in my Flash upgrades but once I upgraded it, it still didn't work. I downloaded the Full version of the codec and it still didn't work. I didn't think I had any ad blockers which is why I skipped that step. But then I discovered Ad Blocker Plus Add-on was running in FF. After restarting FF I was able to get the video to run and it did have an ad in it.

Should I uninstall Quicktime? I've never had to use it and I'm not a great fan of Apple but I guess it wouldn't hurt.

I should probably not uninstall the codec.

Thanks for your help!

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

If you never watch QuickTime video you can uninstall QuickTime.

(When I got a new PC with Windows 7 in January of 2010, I decided not to install QuickTime. I have never yet missed it)
Best wishes,
Hans